James K., Consultant
Experience:  Technical Director of IT Company
20304743

Some of my emails are going into spam on the receivers end.

Customer Question

Some of my emails are going into spam on the receivers end. Some receivers do not get the messages at all. It is inconsistent. I use both gmail and an address through godaddy and it is happening with both. My business partner has identical addresses (except the first name) and she does not have this problem. Thank you.
Gayle Oberg
Category: Email
Expert:  Josh replied 1 year ago.
Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!
Any provider that you call will always blame it on the other person's provider regardless if it is true or not.
With that being said, if only certain emails are being sent to spam, it is possible that those emails are containing information/words that are associated with spam. This issue is difficult to pinpoint because not all of your emails are being sent to spam.
Are you able to link anything about those emails or about the email providers that you are sending to? Such as: all of the issue emails are through Gmail or Yahoo, etc. Or all of the emails about "X" topic are being sent to spam?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Most of my emails are about real estate. There is not even a swear word. They are very professional responses.
Expert:  Josh replied 1 year ago.
How many people would you say are having the issue with your emails?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is hard to say because when I email a new person I am never sure if they get it. I know of 6 or so that are not getting it. When I tried to work with a tech company here, it went to their spam!!
Expert:  Josh replied 1 year ago.
The 6 people that you mention -- They are not getting the email at all or it is going to their spam folder?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
some of both. sometimes they get it in regular mail. sometimes they don't get it at all. sometimes it goes to spam.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Does this have anything to do with how my email is set up? It seems to be set up exactly the same as my business partner's email is. Is there a way I can re set my email?
Expert:  Josh replied 1 year ago.
Does the 6 people have the same email provider?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Comcast seems to be a big problem but some gmail addresses it goes to spam. Even for people I have emailed before.
Expert:  Josh replied 1 year ago.
This issue is extremely difficult to diagnosis because there are so many variables.
Do you ever get any returned error email messages?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no. I know it is hard to diagnose. That is why I went to your company. Sounds like you are not able to help??
Expert:  Josh replied 1 year ago.
It's not that I am not able to help; it has so many variable that it can take days/weeks to figure out the issue or it could end up with companies blaming each other and leading nowhere.
Try using this score checker and let me know the results..
Go here: CLICK HERE
Send one of your emails that was having an issue to the email address shown in the box
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The response is that my SMTP or web host is blocking some of my emails. How do i fix this?
Expert:  Josh replied 1 year ago.
Your email provider is Gmail right