Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

My name is***** my Ex Husband has high

Customer Question

Hello!
My name is***** my Ex Husband has high jacked my phone and email and I need to reset my password ***** use my email for work. how can you help me?
Category: Email
Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.
Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.

I am very sorry about your email issues. Can you please tell me the domain name part of the hijacked or compromised account? (It is the part of the email with the @ sign, like @aol.com)

Please let me know so that I can help you further.

Best regards,
Jess
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

my email that the pass word has been changed is *****@******.***. how do I reset my email when he has my phone?

Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.
Hi Joyce,

Thank you for writing back with that information and I am very sorry about your Gmail issues.

When you reset the password, you need a mobile phone to receive the reset code, or an alternate emailemail account to receive the reset link. However, these 2 recovery options (mobile number and alternate email) must have been set first before when you have had access to the account. In your case, the only reset option is through a mobile phone ending in 00 and unfortunately, your ex is using it now.

How did you access this Gmail account before? Using a web browser or did you use an email program like MS Outlook? The reason for asking this is to see if you still have traces of your old emails to be used for recovery.

Keep me posted.
Jess