James K., Consultant
Experience:  Technical Director of IT Company
20304743

What email program can we use that will allow us to transfer

Customer Question

What email program can we use that will allow us to transfer all of our Eudora information to that new program?
Category: Email
Expert:  Kamil Anwar replied 1 year ago.
Hello & Welcome to JustAnswer.
Thank you for your question. I will do my best to assist you.
This will not be a simple transfer. You can use Thunderbird, but you will need to first covert Eudora files to Thunderbird, then install the import/export add-on on Thunderbird and import each folder into it. But if your Eudora was IMAP, then these messages should be already on the server. You can login to webmail to check. Let me know how you wish to proceed.
Optional Remote Connect Service - Quick Resolution
Would you like me to remotely connect to your computer and fix the issue - The remote service will be an additional service for $39 but will allow me direct access to work on your issue and fix it (while you watch on your screen). If you need remote service, reply with the words "i want remote"
If you do not need the remote service, then simply provide me the requested information above. If you need remote service reply me with the words "i want remote".
Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We've heard that Thunderbird is not as good a program. We'd rather use the best. What is your favorite and how could we transfer our many files on Eudora to that program?
Thunderbird is best in my opinion, i migrate all those who i support to Thunderbird because it is open source, with support from 1000's of people + 100's of plugins/add-ons.
Other then Thunderbird, there is Outlook which is a paid e-mail client, Windows Live Mail which is free. I am not a fan of Outlook / Windows Live Mail.
You need to first decide which one to use and then i will start instructing with the steps, it is a little complicated so we better do it step by step or remotely.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. We'll think about it.
Have a great weekend.
You're Welcome. Let me know. Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I already paid for this answer. You didn't answer my current question.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please do not charge me again unless you can answer my current question.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've been waiting quite a while. Are you there?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm disconnecting now. It's late. I hope you will contact me but it will have to be on my google account because Eudora isn't working.***@******.***
You stated that you will think which client to use (Thunderbird, Outlook, Windows Live Mail) and then let me know. So i am waiting for you to tell me what exactly you want to use, only then i can give you the steps to migrate.