Michael Norman
Michael Norman, Information Systems Manager
Experience:  Director of Technology
77547562

I cannot access G mail. Says it does not like my password ***** or user

Customer Question

I cannot access G mail. Says it does not like my password ***** or user name. Then it asks me to check e mail to see if the problem is resolved! DUH! If it won't let me access it how can I find the solution?!
Why is the fee now higher? Two days ago it was $36. I do not have a money tree in my backyard.
Category: Email
Expert:  Viet - Email Tech replied 1 year ago.
Hello! Thank you for your question. I am a licensed computer professional with over ten years of experience, and I will be assisting you today.
I'm sorry about the issue. Have you tried anything at the gmail email website?
Do you have windows xp, vista, or 7, or 8, or mac computer?
Please reply at the box below. Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My computer was just worked on.I just paid you $42 and now you want another $19? Haven't even done anything.
I'm sorry; please ignore that, there is no additional charge, so don't worry. Do you have a windows or mac computer?
Can I connect remotely to your computer, so I can fix the issue directly on your computer together with you?
Please reply at the box below. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I had a windows op system but then something happened to the hard drive. The person who repaired it put in a Linux system.
Yes, I would like for you to remotely fix the system. What is your location? Please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello?
I'm sorry, it takes me a few minutes to troubleshoot and to write. Please just stay on this web page. I'm from California, but I'm sorry, I can only connect to windows systems, not Linux. But I can provide written instructions.
Your username is ***** ***** email address. At the gmail.com website, select the Need help? option, then continue, then let me know. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes. I have done that and then it says "did you get the help oyu needed on email? If I can't get into email I can't get the answer.
Go to the website below, then try there, then let me know what happens:
https://www.google.com/accounts/recovery/
Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes, I did that too. And it also says it sends and email
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it sends an email
When I go to that website on my computer, it shows 3 options:
1. I don't know my password
2. I don't know my username
3. I'm having other problems signing in
Select the option 1. I don't know my password, then let me know. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
everything wants to send an email. I want to talk to someone. I cannot get online and hold your page too.
I do live online support. Don't worry, we guarantee our service. What's your gmail email address? Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do know my password. Google won't recognize my name or password. It tells me someone has that name. It's me! And they won't let me in.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
***@******.***
Do you have another gmail address that starts with the letter A and ends with the letter E? Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
NO
When you signed up for your gmail, did you put anyone email address as the contact address or alternate address?
Was your gmail account hacked into recently?
Is your gmail email currently working on another computer or on a tablet or smartphone, etc.?
Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When I signed up, when?I was hacked several times this fall and winter under another name.
I did try to set up and I pad and used my arizona snowflake one in the recovery box. Said I couldn't do that so my friend said I could use her name. Changed that.,No I have no other device that I try to get email on.
The first time you signed up for your gmail account in the beginning.
Try the recovery process again at https://www.google.com/accounts/recovery
, then when it shows "Confirm access to my recovery email: ...", can you select the option "Verify your identity" near the bottom?
Please let me know. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Did that.
Please let me know what happens when you follow its instructions. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It wanted an address to send an e mail to for the password! My friend is over 200 miles away. IF she has her computer then she will call me. But what good will that do? I KNOW MY PASSWORD. It is blocking me from access. Why won't it recognize me?
What happened when you sign in your gmail email address with your gmail email password (it is case-sensitive)? What did it say? Maybe your account was hacked and the hacker has changed your password?
Can you create a temporary outlook email address at the website http://www.outlook.com
, then use that new email address as the contact address (instead of using your friend's email address)?
Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No the account has not been hacked. The tech installed a Linux had drive. Something in that op system has blocked gmail. He doesn't know what it is. One gmail suggestion was that it had something to do with Firefox, or Norton or a firewall of some sort.
I do not know how to "temporarily disable" them and then IF I gain access, restore them. If we can't resolve this, then please debit my car, refund my money and I will move on. Thank you.
Don't worry, we guarantee our service. No, I don't think your linux system is not blocking your gmail email. Right now, are you able to sign in your gmail email address on another computer or tablet or smartphone, etc.? This will confirm if the issue is with your linux computer or with your gmail email. Please let me know. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have no idea if I can sign in on another system.. I signed in with my gmail name just before the window system quilt working.
I have not tried to access it from anyones computer.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
And no there is no one I can try to access. They have all gone away for the summer.
How about using the neighbor's computer? I believe it's the password ***** as the linux computer does not block gmail email. If you want to confirm, you can create a new gmail email address, then see if it works. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What neighbor? The nearest one is two miles away! If I create a new address then I will not be able to get my address book. I have already lost too many address and I can't go back and try to put them in again.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If that is the only solution, then I guess we are back to square one. Please refund my money and I'll move on. Thank you
Sorry, no, what i mean is since you don't believe me that your linux is not blocking your gmail, so you can test creating a new gmail address. This is just a test to confirm. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't know anything about outlook
No, we are not back to square one, you would submit the account recovery form to google in order to verify your account and reset the password. You don't need to know anything about outlook, all you do is creating a new outlook email address at www.outlook.com as the contact email address for now (instead of using your friend's email). Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK have established the outlook account. But I won't be able to get an email from them.
Now, try the recovery process again at https://www.google.com/accounts/recovery
, then when it shows "Confirm access to my recovery email: ...", select the option "Verify your identity" near the bottom
, then when asked to enter your contact email address, then enter your new outlook email address and continue.
Please let me know. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Filled out all the questions again and it said it couldn't find the account!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm done. I have lots of other things I need to accomplish. Please refund my money and let's move on with our lives.
I'm sorry; it's really strange. I'm out of suggestions, but let me open this issue to other experts. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm done. We have spent too much time on this and I do not have any more time to devote to this issue.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Excuse me? I don't think so. I don't have the time to wait around and stare at this computer! How are you going to contact me?By e-mail!!!
Expert:  Michael Norman replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is, Mike. I would like to try and attempt to assist you with your issue. First of all I can understand your frustration. Just to be sure I understand your issue, you are unable to access your Gmail account.
There are two ways to access your Gmail account if you do not remember your password, or login information. The first way is electronically, and the second is by contacting Google customer service to have them reset your account information. Below I have provided detailed instructions for both methods.
Option #1
Please go the following link:
https://www.google.com/accounts/recovery/?hl=en&ard=AHwGkRnekgeou0eBDF3hn93LPyTxWMIymZIA-PHn3e4ShsZk4Zfu1uAPUu4syxysNDihgEE-ngNVLk4u1krxbRtA_hrZ6yfUP6U3kZxMZeMIO4mhoBu_KMnKXeCzFX5kmYEvLk4NwDTe27lex-zC5CIRmrgeIh4r8w
1) Click on "I don't know my password."
2) Type in the email address and hit "Continue"
3) Enter the captcha code and "Continue"
4) Next page where it asks you to enter the last password ***** remember, hit "I don't know."
5) Next page it may display a secondary email address attached to the account. If you do not recognize the secondary email account, below the "Continue" button in small text click on "Verify your identity" which is in blue text.
6) Then it will ask you for an email address they can use to contact you. Type in your email address and "Continue"
7) Then continue with the verification questions.
Option #2
Go to the following link:
https://support.google.com/a/answer/1047213?hl=en
Follow the instructions under "Contact Customer Support."
You will notice the first item is to fill our their online support form. After completing the form they will open a support ticket and you will receive a ticket number which you didn't previously have.
Then you can call them using the numbers they provide in the second step.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have already done option #1 several times with no results, obviously.I have tried #2 and called the phone number. I got a recording that says they do not discuss e mail issues over the phone. How do they assign a number if I can't access e-mail?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The issue is a Catch 22 and not capable of being resolved. PLEASE refund my money!
I will submit the request for a refund on your behalf.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. I appreciate that and I appreciate all efforts to get me connected to my e mail. I don't understand why Google doesn't recognize me anymore. It's the same address and password ***** I have used for many months!!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can only give a rating when I'm sure the refund has been made.