Barun
Barun, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience in providing support for tech-related issues, including computers, email and software.
12615041

A relative got on my PC last Sunday and thought they were doing

Customer Question

A relative got on my PC last Sunday and thought they were doing a smart thing by setting up an alternate email system for me. In the process they initiated a message to aol to terminate my aol account. I WANT TO CONTINUE USING AOL. PLEASE DO NOT TERMINATE MY ACCOUNT. Sorry for the confusion. Thank you. Steve Barclay ***@******.*** phone #(###) ###-####
Category: Email
Expert:  Barun replied 1 year ago.
Hi, and thank you for asking your question.
Are you currently unable to login to your AOL account itself?
May I set up a quick remote session, which will allow me to connect directly to your screen and assist you with this issue?
Keep me posted.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I called aol a short while ago and they gave me a temporary password ***** I was able to log on and get access to my emails.
Q. Can I keep using that password ***** continue my aol activity as I have in the past ?
Expert:  Barun replied 1 year ago.
Yes, you will be able to use the same temporary password ***** access your AOL emails; however, I'd strongly advise you to change the password ***** a new one as soon as you can, for security reasons. In order to change your AOL password, please carry out the following steps:
Sign in to your AOL account information page using the following link:
http://account.aol.com/
Next, answer your Account Security Question, when prompted.
(If you forgot the answer to your Security Question, click "Forgot Answer" on the Security Question page to reset it.)
Click "Change Your Password" in the General Account Information section.
Enter your Old (temporary) Password, and your desired New Password. Re-enter your new password ***** confirm. Click Save to finish the process.
That's it - you will now be able to keep accessing your account using the new password ***** Also, I just checked at my end - your AOL account is very much active, and will NOT be terminated anytime later either.
If you need more help, please use the Reply tab to continue our conversation.
If you do not require further assistance, kindly do not forget to rate my service by clicking on a star below/at the top of this page. Thank you!