Russell H., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Proud to have been getting computer technicalities into working order since 1988.
13568747

2-3 days ago I was reading/filing/deleting mail (I had 6,000+

Customer Question

2-3 days ago I was reading/filing/deleting mail (I had 6,000+ items to take care of!!!) off AOL, when I went from AOL to Word to save something I came back to continue clearing off mail, and A LOT of mail just disappeared (unread). Can you recoup it?
Category: Email
Expert:  Russell H. replied 2 years ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
Two ways you might have 'continued deleting', that I can think of:
1. If you piled up Del or Delete keystrokes faster than the system could handle them... they would continue applying, perhaps, past the limit of what you would wish.
or
2. If you had a stuck Del key, and it just kept on working.
As for getting them back... Look in your 'Read Mail' folder or similar section. If not there, apply to AOL Technical Support for special help in un-deleting the deleted emails... they are still on a server somewhere, perhaps, in which case AOL can get them back for you (and, be it noted, probably nobody else can.)