IT Miro, Computer Scientist
Experience:  Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Microsoft Certified Professional
30721786

I am using Outlook in my MS Office 365 (all current and updated)

Customer Question

I am using Outlook in my MS Office 365 (all current and updated) on my PC running wind 7 Pro and using my domain hosted at Network Solutions. I am trying to filter out several annoying and constant emails marketing various things. I want to intercept them at Network Solutions and delete them from the server and not have them download to my iPhone, iPad or Outlook on the PC. I have placed the email addresses and separately placed the domain names in the "Black Listed" filter at Network solutions, but they continue to come through. I have also setup custom filter rules for them to delete and trash at the server. It appears that they are sent from email address that are hidden, not the email addresses being shown. I have tried to find the "real" sender address, but have not been able to find it to add to the Blacklist. How can I identify the hidden sender addresses so I can block them. Samples "@message.stauer.com" or "@stansberryresearch.com" or "@exct.stansberryresearch.com" or "@santafeproperties.ccsend.com".
Category: Email
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.

Hello! I am IT Miro and I will assist you on this question.

First, always check if there is a way to unsubscribe from receiving those marketing (spam) e-mails. If the e-mails come from companies, but not from the individuals, then there should most likely be a small "Unsubscribe" link available at the bottom of the e-mail. If there is, click there in order to stop receiving any further e-mail.

However, if there is no "Unsubscribe" link or if that just doesn't work, then you can open the e-mail source (header) to verify the sender's e-mail address. I do not have an account with Network solutions, so I cannot provide the instructions where to click to access the e-mail source (header), but it is usually available on the e-mail screen, so check for all options once you open an e-mail.

When the e-mail source (header) is opened, it will show all kinds of text. Easiest way of searching for the e-mail addresses would be to look for the @ symbol. That way you can see all involved e-mail addresses.

You can also do that in Outlook by following these instructions:

1. Locate a spam e-mail in Outlook and double-click it in order to open it in full screen

2. At the top, click on the Actions button and then select Other Actions > View Source

3. A new text document will open containing all kinds of information about the selected e-mail. Search for the @ symbol to get all the e-mails

Also, when blocking e-mail addresses / domains, looks for examples if they are available at the Network Solutions site. You may need to use wild card (*), something like this:

[email protected] instead of just @domain.com

I hope this helps!

Let me know if you require further assistance.

Regards,
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
Hi again!

I am following up with you to see if you require further assistance. If you do, let me know.

If you don't require further assistance, please take a moment to rate my help to you using the rating box (smiley faces).

Thanks,