Viet - Email Tech
Viet - Email Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of computer software and hardware support; Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP & Mac.
30037186

This involves email on my iPhone, my wife's iPhone, my iPad,

Customer Question

This involves email on my iPhone, my wife's iPhone, my iPad, her iPad and our Mac desktop computer. over the weekend, she downloaded the Xfinity to go app to her iPad when we were out of town. To do so, she changed the password ***** our account, and the next thing we knew we could not send or receive emails on any of our devices. I should point out that we share an email address (*****@******.***)
When we returned home we changed the email password ***** all our devices to match what she used for the Xfinity account. That solved one problem: we can now receive mail, but not send it. The message says we cannot connect using the smtp,comcast.net.
A couple of months ago, we had a similar problem, and it turned out not to be a Comcast issue, but an Apple one in that we had been shifted to a different Port, if I recall correctly.
So, if that same thing has happened again how do I get us linked back on the right port?
Category: Email
Expert:  Viet - Email Tech replied 1 year ago.
Hello! Thank you for your question. I am a licensed computer professional with over ten years of experience, and I will be assisting you today.
I'm sorry about the issue. On the iPhone and iPad, can you go to Settings -> Mail, Contacts, Calendars, then tap on your comcast email account, then scroll down as needed, tap on the SMTP / outgoing server option, then update your email password *****
- On the Mac computer, In the Mail application, select Mail menu at the top, then Preferences, then Accounts, then select your comcast email account on the left
, then at the bottom where it says Outgoing Mail Server SMTP, select Edit smtp server list from the drop down menu
, then select the outgoing mail server from the list
, then click on Advanced option, and update your email password *****
When you are available, please reply back at the box below to continue. Thank you,