Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

Somehow my email became corrupted and Google had me

Customer Question

Somehow my email became corrupted and Google had me set up another email account.
How do I access my other email? The address I had was***@******.*** and now the address is***@******.***
Please help me.
Thank you
Kathleen Dantico
Category: Email
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.
I am very sorry about your Gmail issues. Do you still remember the password ***** this corrupted or old Gmail account? (Please do not post the password ***** just yes or no please)
Please let me know so that I can help you further.
Best regards,
Jess
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry I do not remember my password. Thank you for helping me.Kathleen
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Hi Kathleen,
Thank you for writing back and I am very sorry about your Gmail issues.
If you forgot the password ***** the old Gmail account, your best option to recover it is to reset the password. However, during the reset process, you need to verify your ownership of the account.
Can I remotely access your computer so that I can directly help you in recovering your old Gmail account while you watch?
Remote access is an optional additional service offer with a minimal one-time flat fee ($15) regardless of how long it will take me to fix the problem. We can resume any time without additional cost. It is safe as you will be watching your screen and we can chat right there, and it will be a faster mode of help.
Please let me know if you want this remote option.
Best regards,
Jess
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do not want the remote option as I did that last week and was asked for 199.00 from someone who told me they would fix the issue and did not. I told him that I could not pay that. He said that he would work on it and I don't what was done. I am therefore very reluctant to give access to anyone. Hope you understand that.
Thank you
Kathleen
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Hi Kathleen,
I understand your concerns. But we are legitimate support group and the additional service offer that I set for you is only $15 and it is a flat fee regardless of how long it will take me to fix the problem for you.
In your case, the remote option is the better and faster option as compared to this Q&A format.
But if you really do not want the remote option, I respect that. We can proceed in this format then.
Please tell me how do you access your Gmail. What browser are you using? Internet Explorer? Firefox? Chrome?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think it is Chrome.
Thank you
Kathleen
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
If you are in Chrome right now and you are currently signed in to the NEW Gmail account, please SIGN OUT from your Gmail account.
After signing out, you will see the sign in page. Please sign in to the OLD Gmail account. Please try the passwords that you remember.
Keep me posted.
Jess
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I clicked on icon that automatically brings up gmail and it brought up the kathleen.dantico&gmailaccount.
Thank you
Kathleen
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Now I have lost the conversation I was having with you and I am doing this on my phone which still has access to the old account.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
What icon is that? You said you access your Gmail using Chrome?
The goal is, SIGN OUT from that Gmail account now so that you will see the login page.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I signed out then put a password ***** I remembered and it brought me to the new account.
Thank you
Kathleen
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's an icon that says gmail but is now linked to the new email. I did log out from it but will try again.
Thank you
Kathleen
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
That is not possible,
When you sign out, you will be shown with the Sign In page. DO NOT sign in to the NEW account since it is the OLD that you want.
If you have no way to do that, locate and click on a link that says "Sign in as a different user".
Jess
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do I add account ? Or remove?
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Add account
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Now I am at a create account page. Do I fill out all the info?
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
No. That is a wrong page.
When you are in the ADD account in a web browser, you must simply enter the OLD Gmail account then click Next. Then enter the password ***** Sign in. If you are not in a web browser, then better go open a browser and go to http://gmail.com
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok should I enter password ***** think was the old one or click forgot password?
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Please try to enter the password ***** you believe was the one you used before. If nothing works, please click on the Forgot password ***** to start the recovery process.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The password ***** not work I clicked on forgot password ***** I am waiting for a text verification code now.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for writing back.
If none of your remembered password ***** you need to undergo the reset process using the Forgot Password *****
If the reset is successful, that is, if the mobile phone on file is still active, you shall be able to receive the SMS from Gmail with a reset code.
You will then enter the code in the recovery form that is shown to you and you shall be allowed to ASSIGN or ENTER a new password.
Keep me posted.
Jess
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
How is it going? Were you able to get the code and successfully enter it in the reset page to be able to set a new password ***** your OLD Gmail?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Have not received code yet. It said it take 15 minutes. It's about 15 now I think?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Got the code but having trouble signing in.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok I am in but the page display is very different. How do I change that?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for all your help Jess. Could not have done this alone.
Kathleen
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for writing back and I am glad to know that you were able to receive the code and were able to use it to reset the account password.
Please do not forget this password ***** time :)
Now, if you want to access the other Gmail account, you need to first SIGN OUT so that you will see the login page. Another way is to use another browser so that you no longrer need to sign out. That is, use browser 1 to access the old email and browser 2 to access the other.
Regarding the new look, well that is the better look of gmail now. You can get acquainted with it as you continue to use it.
Thank you for your patience.
Please remember to rate me positively (3-5 stars/Smileys) if I was able to help. Tips or a bonus is always highly appreciated.
If you need assistance in the future, you can request me any time.
Best regards,
Jess
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Hi Kathleen,
I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? If you need further assistance with this, please don't hesitate to let me know, I am here to help.
Best regards,
Jess