Chris L., Support Specialist
Experience:  Certified Email Expert with over 10 years experience.
51029781

I've sent an email via outlook web app and want to recall it

Customer Question

I've sent an email via outlook web app and want to recall it is it possible
Category: Email
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Remote Tech Support. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Chris L. replied 1 year ago.
Hello,In some company networks with their own mail servers it is possible to recall an email if the email server allows it.Unfortunately if you are using outlook via the web is not possible to recall an email after it has been sent. There is no time in transit and when you clicked send the email is already in the other person's inbox nearly instantaneously.Your account no longer has control over that message once it is sent. The only thing I can suggest is to send another email explaining that it was sent in error.I am really sorry that there is not a way to recall it completely but as I said the message is already in their inbox at this point so it is out of your accounts control. Again you may see reference to recalling mail via outlook if you search around online but this is only an option if your email server allows it and if it did you would see the option to recall. Please do me a favor and take a moment to rate my service by clicking the stars above, 3 or more is very appreciated, we can still chat after rating if you need more help. Thanks, Chris