Barun
Barun, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience in providing support for tech-related issues, including computers, email and software.
12615041

Mail on my desktop Mac is having a problem and I don't know if it is m

Customer Question

Mail on my desktop Mac is having a problem and I don't know if it is my app or gmail. I have 3 email account, the first I used for most everything and one that I have been using for only for special projects. I have checked my settings and it shows my preferred account, I check the outgoing email before sending, preferred account but when the message is sent it changes to the special project account most all of the time. Help please & thanks Billie
Category: Email
Expert:  Barun replied 1 year ago.
Hi, and thank you for asking your question.
First off, please open up Mail, and then go to Mail > Preferences > Accounts > (the account you need to send emails from) > Account Information. Make sure that the "Use only this server" option is checked under "Outgoing server" for that account.
Next, go back to Mail > Preferences > (the account you need to send emails from), and then select 'Outgoing Mail Server SMTP', and select 'Edit SMTP Server list'. Click "Advanced", and check each line listed below to make sure that the correct details are listed for each outgoing SMTP server.
Done that, close and re-open Mail, and try sending an email one more time.
Does this resolve your issue all right? Do keep me posted.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I had already taken the steps you listed above and it didn't correct the problem but I followed your instructions but it didn't change anything. I have called a local Mac specialist and scheduled an onsite visit.
I thank you for your attempted assistance but I must ask for a refund to my credit card.
Thank you
Billie
PS I don't want to give you a rating since it would have to be 1 star
Expert:  Barun replied 1 year ago.
No issues, I'll request a full refund of the deposit you had placed for this question. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you !!!
You get 5 stars for customer service