Chris L., Support Specialist
Experience:  Certified Email Expert with over 10 years experience.
51029781

I'm trying to send an email broadcast with a group email list

Customer Question

I'm trying to send an email broadcast with a group email list of 119 recipients. Twice now I've gotten this reponse 4.5.3 http://support.google.com/mail/bin/answer.py?answer=22839 tw12sm16710361vdb.19 - gsmtp
What are my next steps, please.
Category: Email
Expert:  Chris L. replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** certified computer professional with over 10 years experience. I will be happy to help you. As the message states In an effort to fight spam and prevent abuse, Google will temporarily disable your account if you send messages to more than 500 recipients or if you send a large number of undeliverable messages. If you use a POP or IMAP client (for example: Microsoft Outlook or Apple Mail), you may only send a message to 100 people at a time. Your account should be re-enabled within 24 hours. Basically what this means is you need to not send any email for 24 hours and the block will be lifted from your account. I would suggest you do not try and send any email for the next 24 hours from this account or you may extend the block. Gmail accounts are meant to be used for personal use and not for mass mailing. If you need to send to large amounts of email addresses at once I suggest you use an email newsletter service. A great free one is called mail chimp, take a look at it here http://mailchimp.com/When sending large amounts of email you need to be in accordance with canspam laws or the email server may get blocked, this is something google wishes to avoid which is why they limit the amount of email your account can send.So in short, do not send for 24 hours and the block will be lifted. In the future send to less than 100 people at a time. Use mailchimp if you need to send to more they allow 12,000 emails to a list of 2000 people for free, it is the best deal out there. Please do me a favor and take a moment to rate my service by clicking the stars above, 3 or more is very appreciated, we can still chat after rating if you need more help. Thanks,Chris