Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

I just opened an email containing an app from a friend, which

Customer Question

I just opened an email containing an app from a friend, which went to an odd lose weight site. I just deleted it, but now I discover it's been sent on to 100 people on my contact list! How can I email them all (at once) to say sorry, ignore, don't open or whatever!
Category: Email
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.
I am very sorry about your issues. Please try these steps:
When you compose your email and when you add several contacts to send the mail to:
1. Start typing the name of the first recipient until you see a list of possibilities or matches from your contacts.
2. Choose one by tapping on it.
3. Notice the recipient is listed and your cursor is ready for another name.
4. Start typing and select from the list of possibilities or matches as before.
5. Tap the desired contact to add it.
6. Continue until all recipients have been entered.
However, for security purposes, I DO NOT recommend sending the email of apology to 100 contacts at once since your email could be wrongly tagged as spamming. I highly recommend sending the same email to 50 people or less, and give at least an hour interval. SO if you want to send to 100 people, send to 50 people first, wait for an hour then send to the next 50.
This is a safe email practice to prevent your email account from being blocked or suspended for sending spam.
I hope that helped.
Please remember to rate my service positively (3-5 stars/faces) if this helped. Tips are always highly appreciated!
If you need further assistance, please do not rate me negatively with 1 or 2 faces. Instead, please reply to me so that I can help you further.
Thank you!
Best regards,
Jess
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Jess.Looks like no easy way to deal with this .Do you know if is spam is likely to affect my iPad in th future? Should I take it into an Apple Store Nd get it checked out?
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for writing back and I am very sorry about the issue. It was the best first move deleting the email from a friend since it was the attached app that caused the problem. I also suggest that you check your installed apps and locate any suspicious apps there, that is, please check if the apps that was attached in your friend's email is installed there. If you see it there, make sure to remove it or uninstall it.
At this point there is no need to bring your iPad to Apple store for service. Please do that only if you see a suspicious app that WILL NOT UNINSTALL. But if you can uninstall it, you will be safe.
Lastly, please refrain from picking or tapping any email attachments that contain apps because apps are "executable", that is, they will run in your iPad and it is a risk because you will not know exactly what the app does. Even if the apps come from a trusted friend, never pick or run it. Your friends'email could have been hacked and used by the hacker to distribute apps. Legitimate apps are only found in the Apple App store.
I hope that helped.
Thank you for using our service. If you need assistance in the future, you can request me any time by posting a new question starting with "For Jess M" so that I can assist you immediately.
Best regards,
Jess