Michael Norman
Michael Norman, Information Systems Manager
Experience:  Director of Technology
77547562

I change cell phones and I lost password. Email is

Customer Question

I change cell phones and I lost password. Email is***@******.*** and the New Email on New phone is***@******.***. how can I get back on plenty of fish website
Category: Email
Expert:  Michael Norman replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is, Mike. I would like to try and assist you today by providing some additional information.
Even though your email has changed, you should still be able to access your Plenty of Fish account using your old login information. Once you login using your old information you can then change your email address in your profile settings.
If the issue is, you no longer have your Plenty of Fish password, AND you no longer have access to your old Gmail account, then unfortunately you would have to create a whole new profile on Plenty of Fish.
As per Plenty of Fish policy explicitly posted on their website it states:
"If you no longer have access to the email address you used to sign up to POF:
You will not be able to retrieve your login information. If this is the case, please click here to contact us and we will help you sign up again."
This can be found on their website here:
http://www.pof.com/HelpCenter/helpCenter_retrieveLogin.aspx
So your option would be to try and gain access to your old Gmail account. To attempt to gain access to your old Gmail account when you no longer know the password, you have two options which I have explained below:
Please go the following link:
https://www.google.com/accounts/recovery/?hl=en&ard=AHwGkRnekgeou0eBDF3hn93LPyTxWMIymZIA-PHn3e4ShsZk4Zfu1uAPUu4syxysNDihgEE-ngNVLk4u1krxbRtA_hrZ6yfUP6U3kZxMZeMIO4mhoBu_KMnKXeCzFX5kmYEvLk4NwDTe27lex-zC5CIRmrgeIh4r8w
1) Click on "I don't know my password."
2) Type in the email address and hit "Continue"
3) Enter the captcha code and "Continue"
4) Next page where it asks you to enter the last password ***** remember, hit "I don't know."
5) Next page it may display a secondary email address attached to the account. If you do not recognize the secondary email account, below the "Continue" button in small text click on "Verify your identity" which is in blue text.
6) Then it will ask you for an email address they can use to contact you. Type in your email address and "Continue"
7) Then continue with the verification questions.
Option #2
Go to the following link:
https://support.google.com/a/answer/1047213?hl=en
Follow the instructions under "Contact Customer Support."
You will notice the first item is to fill our their online support form. After completing the form they will open a support ticket and you will receive a ticket number which you didn't previously have.
Then you can call them using the numbers they provide in the second step.
I just wanted to follow-up with you to see if you were able to get this resolved.