Barun
Barun, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience in providing support for tech-related issues, including computers, email and software.
12615041

Is it possible to link my YouTube account to my Facebook Page,

Customer Question

Is it possible to link my YouTube account to my Facebook Page, rather than my profile?
Category: Email
Expert:  Barun replied 1 year ago.
Hi, and thank you for asking your question.
Just to clarify, are you looking to auto-share newly uploaded Youtube videos on your Facebook page?
Keep me posted.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not necessarily auto-share...just to be able to post it DIRECTLY from YouTube to my page...I don't know if it's YouTube or FB
but it only allows me to post onto my personal profile and not directly to my page.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i want to be able to post my youtube videos directly to my FB page
Expert:  Barun replied 1 year ago.
Oh, I see. Yes, you should be able to share an Youtube video directly to your Facebook page (and not your profile), as follows:
Open up a video you need to share, and click "Share" > Facebook.
In the Facebook popup window that shows up, click on the "Share on your own TimeLine" dropdown menu at the top, and then select "Share on a page you manage". Next, select your Facebook Page just below it, and then click "Post to Facebook". This should do it.
If you need more help, please use the Reply tab to continue our conversation.
If you do not require further assistance, kindly do not forget to rate my service at the top of this page. Thank you!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
when i go to my youtube channel and click to view my new video and go to "share" it states that i cannot "share"
to my page but only to my profile site....from there,yes, i can "share" to my page but I'd like to go directly from Youtube to my page
Expert:  Barun replied 1 year ago.
Hmm, that's odd. Did you try just directly posting the link to the Youtube video as a new post on your Facebook Page itself?
Keep me posted.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes
Expert:  Barun replied 1 year ago.
Okay, and you were able to share the videos all right that way (instead of directly sharing via Youtube)? Also, could you make a note of the EXACT message you receive when trying to share directly to your Facebook page, and let me know?
Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
"To continue, you'll need to switch from using Facebook as Oneness by Videoettes to using Facebook as Ruben Archilla."
Expert:  Barun replied 1 year ago.
I see. I looked up this issue further, and it does look like a Facebook measure preventing users from sharing directly to their Facebook Page (but instead to their personal profile.)
To get around this issue, do you have a Twitter account, by any chance? If so, we could configure the settings so that you just need to share to Twitter first, which would then auto-share to your Facebook page as well.
Do let me know.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes I do have a Twitter account
Expert:  Barun replied 1 year ago.
Okay. Please carry out the following steps now:
Open up the following link:
https://twitter.com/settings/applications
Log in to your Twitter account when prompted.
In the Apps Settings page, click "Connect to Facebook".
Follow the on-screen directions to connect your Facebook (personal) account to Twitter.
Next, open up the Apps Settings page one more time and grant Twitter the “manage pages” permission for your Facebook profile.
In your Apps settings, select the page you'd like to connect to.
When prompted, click to allow permission to post to the selected Facebook page. Make sure the "Post your Tweets to Facebook" option is checked as well.
Done that, share an Youtube video to Twitter instead, this time. Does it auto-share to your Facebook Page as well?
Keep me posted.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi...great idea but I don't want all my tweets posted on my FB page...
Expert:  Barun replied 1 year ago.
Hmm, that's an unfortunate situation indeed (Twitter does not allow to select which type of tweets to auto-share on Facebook). However, let's try another (possibly) elegant solution this time, as follows:
First off, please open up Facebook and make sure that you are switched to your personal profile (and not your Facebook Page.)
Next, open up the following link:
https://apps.facebook.com/youtube-app/
Click "Install Application!" and then select the Facebook Page to install the app for. Click "Add Page Tab".
Next, you will see an "Youtube" tab added at the top of your Facebook Page. Click on that tab, and then click "Application Settings" under that tab.
Now, just fill in your Youtube account name and click "Save settings".
ALL of your videos for that account should now show up below. This will allow you to keep all of your Youtube content in a separate tab on your Facebook page, and you will just need to update your users to check that out whenever you post a new video on Youtube.
Please try this now, and let me know if it works for you. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hi...link does not work
Expert:  Barun replied 1 year ago.
Hmm, it opens up fine at my end - did you make sure to switch to your personal profile (and not your Facebook Page) first, before opening up the link?
If not, please do that now and let me know.