James K., Consultant
Experience:  Technical Director of IT Company
20304743

I'm Diane, and I've been woefully neglectful in reading,

Customer Question

Hi, I'm Diane, and I've been woefully neglectful in reading, deleting, and managing my email account and no longer have any of my former emails. A GREMLIN got them or something. Is it possible for me to retrieve my 2014 and 2015 emails that were deleted or somehow disappeared. When I attempted to log on before the Memorial holiday, I could not and had trouble getting help at that time to create a new account; everything was new, foreign, and ALIEN!!!! I am trying to do better now that my grandsons will soon be home with their dad for the summer, and I can finally get a much needed REPRIEVE! How might I retrieve my former emails? Thank you so much.
Category: Email
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is***** will be assisting you today. I am sorry to hear that you are having trouble with your email.To be honest only very few email service provider will give you the ability to recover deleted emails.I will try my best to help you
Ma’am please provide the following details so that I can help you better
1.Which email service is configured in the email client just let me know the part after @ in your email id for example @ yahoo .com?
2.Do you still have access to this email account?
3.How do you open this email usually, is it using any email client like Microsoft Outlook, windows live mail etc. Or using web browsers like Internet explorer, Mozilla, Google Chrome etc
Sincerely,
Note: - To get my reply quickly refresh this page or you can check your email which also shows a notification email. To reply back to me type in the box below
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
@yahoo.co.uk I have access now that I have created a new account. I open the account using Internet Explorer. John
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the details ma'am but i am confused little could you please clarify the below
do you mean you have access to the new yahoo account or to the old one that you deleted the emails?
May i remote access to your PC and check the issue you are facing directly. You can see what all i am doing in your PC. Let me know so that I can give you the link to do that.
Sincerely,
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
Ma'am i didn't get your reply for my above question.Do you still need help ?if so please let me know Sincerely,John
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello John, I'm very sorry about yesterday: It was chaotic bec we kept getting interrupted by car dealers calling me; I was interested in purchasing a car and they could not send me their offers to my Yahoo email account bec it had been deactivated. I was able to recreate the account, however, when I re-gained entry, Yahoo had deleted all my emails, I guess. I probably had over 4,000 in there. So is there a way to recover the 2014 and '15 emails? That's the million dollar question. Thanks for your assistance.
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
Ma'am thank you for replying back to me.I apologize for the delay in getting back to you.
You cannot re-create a deactivated account because that account is already taken by you,i believe what you did is create a new yahoo email account and that is why you are not seeing your emails because the one you opened is a new account it won't show your emails in the old email account.
What is the exact message you get when you try to access your old yahoo email account? (not the new one you created)
Is it possible for me to remote access to your PC and check this email account issue directly in that way i can get a clear picture of what the real problem is and do the necessary to fix it.Its secured and you can see what all i am doing in the PC too.let me know so that i can give you the web link to do it.
Sincerely,