Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

My computer crashed 5/22 and i had windows home premium 64

Customer Question

my computer crashed 5/22 and i had windows home premium 64 and can not reinstal or down load or text or email microsift and no help no where days and computer slow makes mistakes
Category: Email
Expert:  Byron replied 1 year ago.
Hi. My name is***** you for your question and the opportunity to assist. Can you tell me the brand and full model number of your PC/laptop and if you bought the machine new?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hp pavilion
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i use onvila fire fox had windows 7 home premium 64 bit now can not reinstal or install but it says i have it but not n windows any time update and cant get it or contac micro soft sinve 5/22
Expert:  Byron replied 1 year ago.
Thanks. Since I don't know your model number please try this: Shut the machine down. Start it up and as soon as you see the HP logo begin steadily tapping the F11 key at the top of your keyboard. This should launch the recovery manager. Under I Need Help Immediately select System Recovery. If everything on your machine is in order you will be able to reinstall Windows. You will be offered the option to save files. You can skip that if it's not important to you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
dosent work can not restore or the othe ways actuall it all working slow now just not home premium 64 and cant get it when i go to windows updates it shows i on another program but the screen loggin of says home premiur and i niow had 64 bit cant get it or mocrosoft and tired wsating time anbd text same thing over and over. on 5/22 had crasjh and went to older fire fox plus more got fire fox back but not windows and cant get hold iof them once after hrs thought i did but it was logmein123 they did nothing and wanted $365
Expert:  Byron replied 1 year ago.
If the computer is connected to the internet can I connect remotely to assess the situation?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i try that then restart and heard the clickinmg from f11 but it did nothing when i tried for days sytem restore different ways none work
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
oh ya i shut offand turn on noiw 3rd time and will let u know but it uis messed up
Expert:  Byron replied 1 year ago.
Are able to boot the system to the Windows desktop and connect to the internet?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
f11 never worked f2, 8, & f12 did. I got the internet back a couple times after the f11 lost again. I gave up and was going to take to shop but java sent me something and i got back on and fixed a lot. I was trying to back up on disc and it started working last night but crashed few more times so I too to shop today and got it back. He wouldn't tell me what he did n 5 mins as my 5 days. Thank you any way
Expert:  Byron replied 1 year ago.
You're welcome. Glad you got it fixed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
so was I charged $5?
Expert:  Byron replied 1 year ago.
I'm not in billing but you can call this number to verify
(###) ###-####
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I hope not a rip off u didn't do $1 work