James K., Consultant
Experience:  Technical Director of IT Company
20304743

I am calling from an alt. computer. My Lp coumpter is completely

Customer Question

I am calling from an alt. computer. My Lp coumpter is completely locked up. I cannot get into even a start menu. When I went to sign in this morning it will not let me sign in.
Category: Email
Expert:  Viet - Email Tech replied 1 year ago.
Hello! Thank you for your question. I am a licensed computer professional with over ten years of experience, and I will be assisting you today.
I'm sorry about the issue. What's the model of your computer?
Does it have windows xp, vista, or 7, or 8?
Does it let you turn off the computer?
So when you turn on the computer, it lets you enter the password, and log in, but then it goes black?
Is it okay to reset the computer fresh, so you can reset it up fresh with a new password ***** want?
Please reply at the box below on this web page only. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No! already paid you $5.00 and still owe you $27... You have done nothing but ask me questions I can't answer. Are you going to help me. If not please refund me my $5.00.
I'm sorry, in order to troubleshoot, I need to ask you some questions first. Don't worry, we guarantee our service. Please answer one question below:
Is it okay to reset the computer fresh, so you can re-set it up fresh with a new password ***** want?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't want to reset this computer. I had it reset. It wiped out everything I had on my computer. I lost all my pictures,friends address, documents- everything! I don't want to do that. I don't mind having a new password.
I'm sorry, did you forget the password?
Who set up the problematic computer for you previously? Who set up the email address as shown on the problematic computer?
Can you connect an Ethernet/network cable from the problematic computer to the modem/router temporarily?
Can I connect remotely to your working computer, so I can help fixing that email address first?
When you are available, please reply back at the box below to continue. Thank you,