James K., Consultant
Experience:  Technical Director of IT Company
20304743

I am very distraught. My daughter and I are trying to deactivate

Customer Question

I am very distraught. My daughter and I are trying to deactivate her old Twitter accts that have ridiculous and inappropriate tweets and retweets in them. She's applying for jobs and colleges and we want them to disappear! She has spent hours trying to remember her twitter passwords and can't. When So they reset her passwords and send them to email accounts, of which she doesn't have access anymore as she's forgotten those names and passwords. Can you help us? There is no one at Twitter or gmail who takes calls and even if there was I don't think that they could help. Can you?
Category: Email
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 1 year ago.

If anyone wishes to ask Jason a question directly,
they can do so at the following page: www.JasonFixedit.com

My name is Jason. I look forward to helping you today.
I am sorry to hear about you and your daughter's troubles. At this point, the only way to reset the password ***** ***** have the reset link sent to her recovery email. What's the story with the email account? Does the email account no longer exist or has she forgotten the password ***** it? What comes after the @ sign in the aforementioned email address?
Thank you,
Jason
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Two look like they're gmail and one looks like it's aol or aim. We got into the aol account but it said "We cannot reset your password ***** this time." ( I read on line that that happens when it's been dormant.) She never set up the twitter or gmail accounts with a phone # ***** we can't get in to anything.
I am a little confused. When you get the message "We cannot reset your password ***** this time.", is that within the AOL account or the Twitter account?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
AOL.
BTW, The gmail email address is most likely***@******.*** and***@******.***; but we're not positive
Geeees.I can't believe how many she set up. Kept doing it cause she never kept track of her address or passwords so just kept setting new ones up!
Thank you for the update.
May I start a remote screen sharing session with you so that I can better help you resolve this problem?
When the remote begins, a chat window will appear that we can use to communicate with each other.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well that's more $$. Unless you know of a way to hack into her accounts...I prob should terminate this. We have put in more than 20 hours into trying to get into them...to no avail...
I understand. I have put in thousands of hours into scores of thousands of cases similar to yours.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thanks.
You are welcome.
I don't think I am following what you said earlier about the AOL account.
Were you able to sign into the AOL account at all? Which account was that?