Dustin, Email Specialist
Experience:  Specializing in Thunderbird, Eudora, Outlook, Outlook for Mac, Mac Mail, Windows Live mail, Incredimail and a few others! Also Worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

How do I recall a email that was sent in error.XXXXX@

Customer Question

How do I recall a email that was sent in error.
[email protected]
Category: Email
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
Welcome, my name is ***** ***** I will assist you today!
Since Penn Tel does not use a Microsoft exchange based email platform, there is no way to recall the message once sent.
Even if you contacted Penn Tell Data's engineering team and they deleted the sent message from Penn Tells email server. The message would still be sitting on the recipients mail server waiting for them to read it.
With that being said. As an added layer of security in the future you could try using password ***** messages. For instance, with a program such as Outlook you can password ***** your sent messages, so they can only be opened with a password. That way if you sent an unintentional message, the recipient couldnt open it unless you supplied them with the password ***** that email message. You can see an example of this on the page below.
http://www.mirrasoft.com/mirracrypt/help/sendpwd.htm
With that being said, there is simply no way that you can recall the message that was sent through Penn Tell. If you have any further questions or concerns, I welcome you to respond and I will do my best to assist you.
I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a rating of excellent submitted below this answer when you are satisfied.. I always answer follow up questions.
Dustin S.
Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.