James K., Consultant
Experience:  Technical Director of IT Company
20304743

I am unable to access my

Customer Question

I am unable to access my XXXXXXXXX and I filled in the electronic form with all the info requested from my husband's email "*****@******.***" but have yet to receive a response. We are from Australia but are currently in Korea and using an international SIM card hence I am unable to receive a temporary password ***** my normal mobile number. Please help.
Janet XXXXX
Category: Email
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Hi Janet, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.
I am very sorry about your email issues. Did you forget your Hotmail account password ***** you were not able to access your email? Or were you asked to verify your identity because you are in different location now but failed to perform the verification?
Please let me know so that I can help you further.
Best regards,
Jess
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did not forget my password, but it would not work so I needed to reset. Then because I have a Travel SIM card in my contact phone I could not receive my temporary password.
Thanks
Janet
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Hi Janet,
Thank you for writing back with that information and I am very sorry about your Gmail issue.
First, are you using a computer now to access your Gmail? Or are you using a smartphone?
Also, when the password ***** not work, what exactly is the error message that you got?
Keep me posted.
Jess
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Jess
Your are not reading what I write carefully enough . My problem is a hotmail problem on***@******.***, not a gmail problem. I am using my husband's gmail to communicate with you, as my hotmail is not accessible.
I am using a computer to access his gmail. The message. Was "your password ***** *****"
Jan
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Hi Jan,
Thank you for writing back and I am very sorry about the misunderstanding. It is because MOST emails posted here are masked or hidden by our system for policy reasons. Please look at my screen shot below to give you an idea how your main question appears to me:
http://filesxpress.com/d-8e8b68e9
Now regarding your Hotmail issue, are you sure that the password ***** you are trying to use to access the Hotmail account is the correct password? I am asking because if it is so, then your account could have been hacked and the hacker changed the password. But if you are not sure that it is the correct password, then your only option is to RESET the password. However, I tried to reset the account to see your recovery options, unfortunately it is only the mobile number ending with 29, which is temporarily inaccessible since you are in another country using an international SIM.
Our next best option here is to recover the account by digging into any saved passwords on your computer WHERE you always use to access your Hotmail.
Are you using a computer where you always use to access your Hotmail now?
Keep me posted.
Jess