Jason Jones, Computer Technician
Experience:  10+ years of work experience.
30759776

Somehow my msn account changed to outlook. It tells me my password

Customer Question

Somehow my msn account changed to outlook. It tells me my password ***** ***** have changed it and still says it's wrong. I have gone to the site they say to change password ***** it just bounces me to msn and I've already tried that with no success. I can't go past my logon screen and have to use my tablet. What can be done?
Category: Email
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 1 year ago.

If anyone wishes to ask Jason a question directly,
they can do so at the following page: www.JasonFixedit.com

My name is Jason. I look forward to helping you today.
When you attempt to reset the password, what happens? Are you told that it's successful or are you given error messages?
Thank you,
Jason
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It will accept the change using my tablet since I can't access PC. When I try to logon to computer it says it is an incorrect password
When you fill out the form asking for your previous password, you can just enter "I do not remember" just as you should enter "I do not remember" for any of the other values in that password ***** form.
After you fill the form out, it may take up to a few days before Hotmail will get to your case and contact you.
If you have indeed, tried all of the basic password ***** procedures, you may wish to skip to the last of my instructions and call them directly.
Please, follow the instructions below to reset your password:
- Click the following link: http://account.live.com/password/reset
- Fill out all of the requested information
- Once all of that is complete, you will be given the option to reset your password.
You will be able to reset your password *****
If you have issues with that or you would just rather speak with someone, you can call the following number: (###) ###-#### (Choose to speak with a billing representative and upgrade to Hotmail Plus)
If all of that does not work, you may wish to consider upgrading your Hotmail account to the Hotmail Plus package, which is $19.99 per year. You can do that by calling the following number and telling them that you want to upgrade your free Hotmail account to the Hotmail Plus package: (###) ###-#### (Choose to speak with a billing representative and upgrade to Hotmail Plus) Once you do that, they will work with you to get your password *****
If you need anything else in the future, please let me know.
Thank you for your time today.
- Jason