IT Miro, Computer Scientist
Experience:  Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Microsoft Certified Professional
30721786

I have an HP Pavilion and my e-mail is from Comcast. My list

Customer Question

I have an HP Pavilion and my e-mail is from Comcast. My list of e-mails redeived on the screen only covers the past 2 weeks even though the e-mail setting are to never delete any received e-mails. How can I get the screen to show all my e-mails/
Category: Email
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.

Hello! I am IT Miro and I will assist you on this question.

Do you access your e-mails using Windows 8 Mail program or another e-mail program?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I also have a gmail account
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
OK.
It seems that you use default Windows 8 Mail app.
By default, Windows 8 Mail app displays e-mails that have been received within the last 2 weeks. In case you want to change that, follow these instructions:
1. Access the Mail app
2. Move the cursor to the bottom right corner and you will see a new pane. Click on the "Settings"
3. Once the Settings pane displays, click on "Accounts"
4. Click on your e-mail account
5. There you can change settings for the selected e-mail account. To display e-mails that you received within a month, select "The last month" for the Download email from, or select any other desired option
6. After that, click somewhere outside the Settings pane to close it
7. To refresh the e-mails, exit the Mail app and go back - press the Windows key to go back to the home screen and then access the Mail app
In case the e-mails didn't refresh, restart your computer.
Regards,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am having trouble finding the Mail App you refer to.
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
Mail App is the program you use to access your e-mails. It is available on the Start screen. It looks like this:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/12833027/JA/pics/Windows%208/Windows%208%20Mail.jpg
graphic
Follow the instructions I provided to increase the period of e-mails to display there.
Regards,
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
Hi again!
Were you able to follow my instructions?
Let me know,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My e-mail is on Comcast Infinity. At the screen that displays the e-mails I cannot find the settings tab you refer to in your original reply. There is a preferences tab, but that does not contain any options for the number of messages displayed. The I on for the settings that comes up when the cursor is moved to the far right in Windows 8 does not contain any options for the Infinity e-mail display
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
Hi again!
Once you are on the screen that displays your e-mails, you need to move the mouse cursor to the bottom right corner of the e-mail window, and then a new pane will appear - there you can click on Settings the rest of the instructions:
4. Click on your Comcast Infinity e-mail account
Let me know what happens.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If I do all this it takes me into my Microsoft account - which I just set up - but there is nothing there about my e-mail account
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
To better and faster help you with this issue, I would like to start remote desktop assistance to your computer so that I can see the problem myself and help you solve it.
Would you like me to do that?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am not on the computer now. Can we do it tomorrow?
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
Sure, no problem.
Send me a message here when you are available tomorrow so we can continue.
Regards,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
See you tomorrow then.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I also have a MacBook Pro and I am currently able to access 100 messages from my in-box which serves my needs quite well. I would like the HP to also displays this number of messages. The problem appears to be with the HP not with Comcast or Microsoft. I believe the problem should be readily solved with a bit of knowledge of how HP regulates the number of messages displayed. I have serious reservations about allowing remote access to my computer - for reasons that I am sure you can appreciate. I think I should try to find a local help for this relatively minor but annoying issue.
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
Hi again!
Remote assistance works in a way that you can see everything I am doing on your computer and you can terminate the remote session any time.
Once connected, I should be able to solve this problem within minutes since I only need to change the Mail settings on your HP computer so that it displays more e-mails, and not just the ones you received within the last 2 weeks.
Remote assistance won't cost you anything extra. Local technician could charge you a lot more compared to what you had deposited here.
So, if you want me to remotely connect to your computer and fix it right away, let me know. I will send the instructions.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I spoke with HP. They sent me a web page on how to connect with Comcast Email using windows 8. It was the same instructions you gave me - go to Email page, move cursor to lower right, click on settings, click on accounts - but there is no button for accounts on the settings page. Either my windows version is weird or I am a total dunce.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do not want to rate your service. I think you tried but were not successful - probably through no fault of yours. What kind of rating can I give you under those circumstances?
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
Hi again!
Since you still seem to be experiencing the same problem, I would like to help you solve it using remote desktop assistance.
It should only take a few minutes.
Let me know when you are available so that we can proceed.
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
Hi!
Please confirm if you agree to remote desktop assistance.