Richard Hall
Richard Hall, Server and client Support all platforms
Experience:  Chief Information Officer at Spectrum Contracting Serv.
77993500

I am unable to access my mail. Recently, changed password

Customer Question

I am unable to access my mail. Recently, changed password ***** have forgotten it. The Website is sending to my eMail account however am not receiving the re-set information.
Category: Email
Expert:  Richard Hall replied 2 years ago.
Hello my name is***** see you are using Yahoo email and are sure you are receiving email.That is good. How were you able to tell you were getting mail if you can't access it?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The last time I received Yahoo mail was on April 29th. So, I thought I needed to delete some eMail to clean it up so I could receive any current mail.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I had been receiving mail to view on my phone and did not have to access my physical account.
Ok. So you were accessing your yahoo mail via internet explorer or some other browser and changed your password.You should have provided a rescue email address when you signed up. It is going to that address. If you used two-step authentication, and associated your email account with your cel you should be able to verify your change via your cel phone as well.
Since you can still access via phone, that's a good sign.Is that where you are trying to change your password?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
This account was established in 2010 and I do not remember the steps taken but I did set up security questions that I have th4 answers to.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No, I changed the password ***** my home computer not my mobile device.
For your email, not your windows password *****?
If you changed it on the email, then the phone should have not connected properly after that.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Correct
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
How can I reset the password ***** receive my mail or do I have to establish another account.
We can try re-establishing this account.I'll walk you through the steps.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Do you need my old password?
No problem. hopefully it won't be too difficult. I just need to figure out where in the chain we have the isssue.Go to this link:https://login.yahoo.com/config/login?.src=fpctx&.intl=us&.done=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.yahoo.com%2FThen click I can't access my account. It will forward you to a page with 3 options.
Old password, not likely. Select the to selection "I have a problem with my password ***** I am not able to receive a password ***** my phone" Click next
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have done this multiple times and it is sending the eMail some where but I am not receiving it. That is the frustration.
Understood, but I need to see it happen during our steps to determine what I can do to recover the account or if a new one is going to be necessary.It will ask you for your user id.Enter that and click next. Then you should get your security questions.Stop when you get there and let me know.Thanks,Rich
So just to be 100% sure, you are no longer receiving your email on your phone correct?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I receive a message that stated a customer service rep has to reset
On the phone?
I can remote in and take a look at this with you. Might help.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I am no longer receiving eMail that is correct. I did not get security questions
No security questions. Is that where you were notified that a customer service rep has to reset?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
This is the message. Your password *****’t be reset online.For security reasons, you need contact Yahoo Customer Care to help you reset your password.
What's the email, no password ***** I just wnat to see the message.just give the abcdef@ before the yahoo.com
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I do not understand the question.
Your yahoo email id. Just leave off the yahoo.com part of the address.
I don't need the password. I want to see the message pertaining to customer care so I can point you in the right direction.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
There are some codes that is coming and I am entering but nothing is happening.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
We couldn't match the Yahoo ID you entered with information in our database.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Are you there?
Yes. I am.
I would like to go through this methodically. The circumstances are changing.Would you like me to remote in and go through this with you?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I am going to have to complete this conversation. What should I do later today when I have more time?
That is fine.I cannot tell you the fix, if you are receiving text messages then something is associated.I can't determine what the problem is other than the bad password. I'll need more info to help you reset it. You are doing things mostly right, we're missing a step somewhere.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you and how do we close this conversation, please.
I'll close it for you.Thanks,Richard
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Good-bye
Have a good day.