Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

I need a new G Mail password. My old password ***** not work

Customer Question

I need a new G Mail password. My old password ***** not work and I am getting the run around trying to get a new password.
Category: Email
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.
Are you using a computer to access your Gmail account? Or are you using a smartphone?
Please let me know so that I can help you further.
Best regards,
Jess
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Jess I am using a HP Lap Computer.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for writing back with that information and I am very sorry about your persisting issue.
Have you tried to RESET your Gmail password ***** regain access to the account? The very first procedure to recover a Gmail account when the password ***** ***** is to reset it and you shall then be allowed to create a NEW password ***** it. However, during the reset procedures, you will undergo a verification process to ensure that you are the owner of the account.
Keep me posted.
Jess
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Jess, I am 83 years old and I do not know how to do the reset procedure. My wife always took care of the computer, unfortunately she died and I am a real novice about this computer. I
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for writing back and I am sorry about your loss. Can I remotely access your computer so that I can directly perform the recovery procedures for you while you watch?
Remote access is an optional additional service offer with a minimal one-time flat fee ($10.99) regardless of how long it will take me to fix the problem. We can resume any time without additional cost. It is safe as you will be watching your screen and we can chat right there, and it will be a faster mode of help.
Please let me know if you want this remote option.
Best regards,
Jess