Pete, Computer Expert
Experience:  CISCO certified computer and networking expert
30970729

I am blind. I have been an AOKL member since 1990.

Customer Question

You have destroyed my AOL Desktop 9.7 display.
My Zoomtext magnifying software wuill not work any lionher.
I have tried to reset, but your instructions are out of date and unhelopful.
Will you OPLEASE reset my AOL display?!!!
*****@******.***
Bill XXXX
Category: Email
Expert:  Viet - Email Tech replied 1 year ago.
Hello! Thank you for your question. I am a licensed computer professional with over ten years of experience, and I will be assisting you today.
I'm sorry about the issue. When you are in a website, can you click on the Edit menu at the top, then select the Zoom option there, then increase the zoom option there.
- And/or press at the same time the two keys Ctrl and + (plus) on your keyboard in order to increase the size. Press a few times as needed.
(For decreasing the size, press at the same time the two keys Ctrl and - (minus).)
- You can also click on Start -> All programs -> Accessories -> Ease of Access -> Magnifier to zoom in.
(Or press at the same time the two keys: Windows logo and R on your keyboard, then type magnify in the Run... box, then click OK or press Enter key.)
- If needed, can you please click on the website below:
http://help.aol.com/help/settings
, then there, scroll down, then there, click on the option "Text Settings", and set Text Settings to Large.
More details:
https://help.aol.com/articles/how-do-i-enlarge-or-reduce-the-text-or-font-size-on-aol-software
Please reply at the box below. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This will not work for me.Zoomtext worked perfectly in AOL until May 4 2015.On that day, AOL advised me to "Reset display" and provided steps. Which did not work.At the same time, my sound on YouTube clips stopped "working:" and I have no sound, euither.I do not think you understand my oproblem. The Zoomtext WORKS FINE in Mozilla Firrefox, but NOT in AOIL !!! So far your answer s worthkless to me.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I want you to reset me AOL Disply--or tell me how.I do NOT need to be tutored in Windows magnifier. It is worthless to me.

I'm sorry, I'm not affiliated with AOL. I'm an independent computer technician. I can fix this issue for you. Was there any update or change to your computer recently that may have caused this issue?

Can I connect remotely to your computer and troubleshoot the issue directly on your computer together with you?

Don't worry, we guarantee our service. When you are available, please reply back at the box below to continue. Thank you,

Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,
Try installing the latest version of ZoomText magnifier - available as a free trial at the following link:
http://www.aisquared.com/zoomtext/more/zoomtext_magnifier
Let me know if that works for you?