Richard, Email Systems Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 year experience in Email Systems and Programs
32989067

Just researching how to try and recover emails deleted from my iPhone.

Customer Question

In "settings" on my iPhone 6 plus, I selected Delete from server: "When removed from Inbox" -- Thinking this would only delete emails that came in and I deleted from my iPhone.
What it actually did was deleted EVERY email in my Inbox, and I've had many stored there for several years. Cox Webmail, and they're not in the Cox trash nor the trash in the iPhone Mail app.
Discussed with Cox Tech Support and they said that's an Apple issue, not a Cox issue. According to them, when an app pulls an email and deletes it, Cox does not save the email thereafter.
Category: Email
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hi there and welcomeOn the iPhone itself you wont be able to recover the deleted emails sorry. The best program for deletion recovery is Wondershares Dr Fone, but it does not recover emails due to the way they are storedhttp://www.wondershare.net/data-recovery/iphone-data-recovery.htmlYour only chance is to contact Cox again and have them restore a backup of your Mailbox. I am not sure why they did not offer this when you called, but I have had customers in the past have their emails restored by backup.Also make sure the delete from server option is disabled on the iPhone as this is what caused the problem when you set it (by default it is off)1. In Settings, select Mail, Contacts, Calendars.2. Select the account for which you wish to change the settings.3. Select Advanced, located at the bottom of the list.4. Select the Delete from server option.5. Choose NeverIf you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know. And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you