Pete, Computer Expert
Experience:  CISCO certified computer and networking expert
30970729

I tried to change my AOL password. Now I need a temp code how do I get it ? My husband set

Customer Question

I tried to change my AOL password. Now I need a temp code how do I get it ? My husband set it up years ago. We are divorced not speaking... I know all the secret questions but AOL won't give me a code without him. What can I do ? I have some important tax info I need from there
Category: Email
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
Hi there, You can go to the following website and select to change your AOL email account password:https://bill.aol.com/SPortal/jsp/ChangePasswordLet me know if that works...
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have sent two request now saying that my question was not answered correctly. I don't believe they read my question correctly. I refuse to pay $42 for not getting the correct answer or advic . I have sent my response back now and it has been over a 24 hr period with no communication. If I do don't get the correct advice I am going to have to request my money back with pay pal due to not getting response

Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
Hi,I'm not sure where you sent those requests, but they did not come through to me.If you would like remote assistance with this problem, please let me know.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I tried what you said. It won't work. I had already tried to change it the old password ***** no longer work it tells me I need a code . My husband's name is ***** ***** I'm no longer married to him. They say they need him to verify account to give me code to change the password. So how can I get around this ? I am desperate to vet into the account. If I can't get into the acct. Then how could I get the acct totally wiped out where the mail disappears ?

Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
Ok, if the account is still in your husband's name then technically he owns the account and will need to verify it.The only way to get around it is to get him to transfer the account into your name.