Barun, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience in providing support for tech-related issues, including computers, email and software.

my gmail pop stopped working

my gmail pop stopped working
Hi, and thank you for asking your question.

Could you let me know which email program, e.g. Outlook, are you using to access your Gmail emails, please?

Also, may I remote in to your computer now, and take a look at the issue for you?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Your site had already on a eudora expert ....

Eudora 7. This morning, I got an error while retrieveing GMail POP messages:

SSL Negotiation Failed: Cert error. Cert chain not trusted.

So I added all the certs to my Cert Manager, and now I just get "SSL negotiation failed"

Okay. First off, in Eudora, from the Tools > Personalities Window, please right-click on the Personality in question - and select Properties > Incoming Mail > Last SSL Info

Next, please go to the Certificate Manager and select the SSL Certificate in question. Click Add to Trusted.

Now check your mail one more time.. If it still doesn't work, just reply back to me here, and I'll remote in to your system and take a look at the issue for you. Thanks!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I've done that, and it doesn't work.

Okay; have you tried carrying out a system restore as well, back to before you started having this issue with Eudora?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No. The problem just started this morning. Did Google change their certs?

No, this is just an issue with your Eudora program, and a system restore should roll back the same. Let's carry out the system restore in Safe Mode now.

First off, please tap down the F8 key repeatedly at bootup, then at the Advanced Options screen, select 'Safe Mode' and press ENTER twice in order to boot into Windows in that mode.

Once logged in, go to Start, type in system restore and press ENTER.

When the System Restore window comes up, select "Choose a different restore point", then click Next.

TICK "Show more restore points" checkbox
, then select a restore point dated BEFORE you started having this issue with Eudora (the earlier the restore point, the better). Click Next > Finish.

Restart normally after the restore is completed, and check how you get on with your emails now. Do keep me posted; thank you!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

how do I get in touch with you after I reboot?

Just log back to your email at, and you will be able to get back to me from the emails you have received from JustAnswer. I'll awaiting a response from your side; thanks!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ok. I'll interact from a different PC

No problem; please let me know how it goes.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

same error

Which date did you restore back to? Also, did it complete successfully, or did you get any error during the restore?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

there was a windows update this morning, so I restored to that. No errors. I can find an earlier point in time.

On another note -- I am using Eudora 6.1, not 7. And WIndows Vista, not 7.

And on another note ... I read a doc that said that Google is upgrading all of their gmail servers to 2048 bit encryption, expecting to be done by end of September. Could this be the issue?

Ah, I see the issue now. May I remote in to your computer, and take a look at this for you?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Okay; please open up the following link this time:

Click on the orange 'start meeting' button, then download and install the application. A 9-digit code ( should automatically show up at the top of your screen accordingly.

Just reply back here with the code, and I'll be remotely connected.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ok, so we seem good. I can transfer the messages from the 7 to 6 that were picked up

Okay, great! You may just rate my answer below to close this out now. Thanks!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

where did you find the new google cert?

I found it on Google's server itself; however, we did not need it since it was already listed on the Certificate Manager itself, in Eudora - we simply had to install it. :) Thank you!