Cory
Cory, Support Technician
Experience:  5+ years of email experience
8685120

Hi please help with resetting my password XXXXX sign in is blocked

Hi please help with resetting my password XXXXX sign in is blocked now can't access my emails and I don't want to loose this account [email protected]
Welcome, I am Cory. I will be assisting you today.

I am sorry you are having trouble accessing your Hotmail account.

Because your not able to reset your password, the best thing to do is complete the recovery form.

Please follow the steps below to complete the recovery form:

RECOVERY FORM

Did you lose access to your alternate email? In Step 1, you will be able to give them an email address you want the reset information to go to.

You will need a functioning email address; that way Hotmail can contact you about the blocked account.
If you do not have one, you can create one here - https://accounts.google.com/SignUp at Gmail.

Please click https://account.live.com/acsr to start the recovery of your account.

1. Enter the Email address that you can not access at the top.

Enter the email address you can be contacted at, at the bottom.

graphic

2. Enter your account information. Please make sure you complete the areas with your Name, Birth date, and your Zip Code.

Do not complete the billing information at the end of the page. When you submit the form, it will cause it to reset, as well as erase your details.

Once you have completed the form please Submit it.

graphic

graphic

graphic

3.Then your information will be sent to MSN/Hotmail.

You can confirm this by seeing, "Your information has been submitted" at the top.

graphic

The page says it will take 24 hours. However, in some cases it can take from 10 minutes to 3 days.

Some Hotmail users are able to re-gain access in as little as 10 minutes after completing the form.

Once you complete it, you should get an email from Microsoft saying they got your request and will respond in 24 hours. (It can take longer.) Please be sure to check your junk/spam folder.

Remember, you can always come back here and follow up with me about this question at no additional charge, if needed.

If you have any questions, please reply and I will be happy to assist you.

Please remember to rate my answer below.

I will not get credit for assisting you today unless you rate 'Ok Service' or higher and click Submit.

Nancy,

You have completed the recovery form and gotten the response 'Not enough information'?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi Cory
Am not sure what info is needed I I gave all I recall,questions like folders I created on my account its things I never created man this is so frustrating
Nancy,

If you keep completing the form and it keeps getting denied, your account can be blocked and you will not be able to access it.

You did do the right thing by coming here and asking for expert assistance.

When completing the recovery form does not work, there is one more way you can contact MSN/Hotmail. This is by contacting a Hotmail moderator.

This a good method for you.

Because you can not remember everything, which is very understandable, contacting a Hotmail Moderator will allow them to look into your account manually and assist you.

Contacting a Hotmail Moderator:

You will need to create another email address with Hotmail, because you need to be logged into Hotmail to contact a moderator.
Sign up here - https://signup.live.com/signup.aspx

Once you have created the email address with Hotmail, please follow the directions below:

Please click http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/hotmail/hotmail-support
Choose 'Your account has been temporarily blocked'

Tell them you have completed the recovery form, but have been unsuccessful.

Make sure under ‘Enter the email address (Microsoft Account) affected by this issue:‘ you give them the email address that is blocked.
Under ‘Enter your contact email address:' you give them an email address you have access to; like the Hotmail you just created.

They will respond in 24-72 hours, depending on how many requests they have waiting in Que before yours.

Remember, you can always follow up with me at no additional charge, if needed.

If you have any questions, please reply and I will assist you.