Richard, Email Systems Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 year experience in Email Systems and Programs

I have a Google account that Id like to deactivate. It was

I have a Google account that I'd like to deactivate. It was set up when I was consulting with a client, which I'm no longer doing, but I still get group calendar invitations from the client on that account. The account name [email protected] I can't recall my password. Can you help please?
Thanks for your Question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you.

You need to log into the account to cancel it. Can I ask please what is the exact message you get when you try to log in?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I can't log in because I can't recall my password. They can't email me the password XXXXX I no longer use the email address connected to the account

Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX have two options here Amanda.

Google will close the account in 9 Months if you do not use it, this means not logging in. This is one option (to wait for this).

Else you need to regain access to the account then close it.

As you do not have a means to get access to the account via the automated methods, you need to have Google manually provide you access.

You'll need a working email account so they can contact you on it. I advise to make a temporary one here.

Then go to this link and fill in the form please.

You will then need to allow up to 24 hours for Google to contact you with the instructions to reset your password.

Once you have this and can log in, you can then close the account using the instructions below

Click Me to View

In your situation, you only have the above two options available to you.

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you