Jason
Jason, Computer Technician
Experience:  10+ years of work experience.
30759776

what does "email is suppressed by global rules" mean & how

Customer Question

what does "email is suppressed by global rules" mean & how do I make it go away?
Thank you
Category: Email
Expert:  Chris R. replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name isXXXXX and I would be happy to assist you today.

Where and how are you receiving this message? Are you getting an email sent back to you?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I need to confirm my email on a website to download some software, every time I try to confirm my email on their website, I get the message. It has something to do with yahoo email, as I tried my gmail email and I did not have any problems. Unfortunately the initial email was sent to my yahoo email and I can only confirm with this meal.

Thank you, Lisa

Expert:  Chris R. replied 1 year ago.

Lisa,

I did a quick lookup of this for you since I was not too familiar with this. That message has to do with the opt-out / subscription function of their email server. For whatever reason, they have your email address listed as opted out. Essentially your email is on a "suppression list" similar to a Do Not Call for phones. All emails on the suppression list do not receive email or solistitation from that company. So when you are putting in your mail it is being rejected. I would have to see what you are doing to get a better idea of what is going on.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

From everything I have looked up, it has to do with source suppression, and it is something I should be able to fix.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

For example, the problem is I am using a Mac:

You can use the Code Analysis window to suppress code analysis warnings. Suppressing a warning is not the same as disabling it. When you suppress a warning, it applies only to a particular instance of the violation. Other violations of the same warning will still be reported in the Error List window.

After you run code analysis, you might determine that one or more of the code analysis warnings that are displayed in the Code Analysis window are not applicable to your application. For example, you might determine that the code is correct as is. Or, it might be the case that some violations are low priority and will not be fixed in the current development cycle. Regardless of the reason, it’s frequently useful to indicate that the warning is non-applicable to let your team members know that the code was reviewed and that it was determined that the warning could be suppressed. In source suppression is useful because it lets you put a suppression close to where the warning is generated.

You can choose whether the suppression will appear in the source code or in the global suppression file. Some suppressions must be placed in the global suppression file. If this is the case, the In Source option will be disabled.

To suppress a warning by using menu item

1. On the Analyze menu, choose Windows and then choose Code Analysis.

2. In the Code Analysis window, select the warning suppress.

3. Choose Actions, then choose Suppress Message(s), and then choose either In Source or In Project Suppression File.

The specific warning is suppressed, and the warning appears in the Code Analysis window with a strikethrough.

Expert:  Chris R. replied 1 year ago.
Unfortunately I only specialize in Windows so I am going to have to pass your question to another expert. Please be patient as it can take some time for another expert to respond to your question. If you prefer you can just wait for an email notification that someone responded to your question. I am also going to request that your question be sent to the Mac category. Best of luck to you!
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for your question today. My name is Jason. I look forward to helping you today.

I see that you have been working on this problem for quite a bit of time.

Do you still need help with this problem? If so, may I start a screen sharing session on your computer and help you resolve the problem? I will send a remote link within minutes after your response, so please keep refreshing the page.

Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I think I figured it out; have to disable, Java, styles and a few more things.

Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.

Oh okay.

So the problem is solved?