Sandy
Sandy, Computer Specialist
Experience:  I have 7+ years of experience in fixing emails issues.
33602187

How to unlock my Yahoo mail account?

Customer Question

How do I unlock my yahoo mail account that was locked by Yahoo without my permission. Whenever I enter either my password ***** answers to my secret questions, I am constantly told that my answers are wrong? What gives? What is going on?
Category: Email
Expert:  Sandy replied 3 years ago.

Welcome to Just Answer.com.

I can tell you the way (procedure) to recover your Yahoo account. However, the outcome will depend upon either the accuracy with which you answer to the Yahoo questionnaire or Yahoo Team if they reply back to you.

I think your account is hacked by someone and he/she changed the password ***** question and answer.

There are only 2 ways left to recover this account:

JACUSTOMER-5hs7mnrl- :
Why do you think that?

I travel, so checking ISP addresses is misleading. Why do you believe that?

sandy :
I believe this as hacker always change the password, security question and answer. Whenever real owner tries to change the password ***** exceed the limit of trying, account is locked.

Let me tell you how to fix it:
Step A:
You can recover your yahoo account as under: Please go to:
https://io.help.yahoo.com/contact/index?locale=en_US&y=PROD_ACCT&page=contact

Then choose as under:
product Yahoo! Account,category Password ***** sign in,sub-category unable to sign in.

Please scroll down and Choose Email to a Support Agent.

Now, fill out as much information as possible in the Yahoo email account recovery form in order to prove that you are the owner of your Yahoo email account, then click on Submit/Send at the bottom to submit the account recovery form. Note: You will need another email address that you have access to, so that Yahoo can contact you. If you don't have a working email address, you can create a free new email account at www.gmail.com.or www.hotmail.com

Yahoo will contact you later, usually within about 24-48 hours, after verifying your submitted recovery form, in order to recover your yahoo email account.

JACUSTOMER-5hs7mnrl- :
And where do I find the email recovery form? Why will I be without email service for two days?

sandy :
Suppose a user forgot his/her password.
He/she can reset it by answering the security question and its answer.

or if he/she has added an alternate email account with this account, he/she will have the option to send the password ***** email to alternate email account.

If you have already tried to reset your password ***** answering to security question and if you find that security question is changed, then it is something suspicious.

JACUSTOMER-5hs7mnrl- :
So what do I do?

sandy :
Do you have any other working email account?
like with gmail/yahoo or hotmail or other.

JACUSTOMER-5hs7mnrl- :
yes, and I tried to get that information transferred there. So far, no luck. This is why I am questioning if Yahoo is ripping me off. Can you send that form, or whatever else that I need, to my email ID. So far nothing usable has been delivered by anyone associated with Yahoo.

sandy :
Okay, I understand that you have an alternate email account. You need to do this:

Please go to:

Then choose as under:

Now, fill out as much information as possible in the Yahoo email account recovery form in order to prove that you are the owner of your Yahoo email account, then click on Submit/Send at the bottom to submit the account recovery form. Note:

Step B:
You can call Yahoo on these numbers, but, you may be put on hold for some time.
1-***-***-**** -- 1(###) ###-####br/>
These are the two ways to recover your yahoo account.

Here is what you need to do to remain safe in future:

A. Change your email account password ***** B. If you get any suspicious email from Yahoo/gmail/hotmail/Microsoft, please never ever reveal your password. C. Please do not use your Yahoo account password ***** login into other websites.

I suggest you to scan your computer using free version of super anti-spyware software. This will remove all of the malwares, spywares and viruses from the computer.

Note: If you already have installed Anti-virus programs like Norton, mcafee, CA, kaspersky on the computer, still I suggest you to download and install Super anti-spyware as the Anti-virus program does not remove Malwares/adwares/spywares effectively.

You can download the free version using the link given below:
http://www.superantispyware.com/

Also, I suggest you to install a free program named Web of Trust. It will check the websites you visit and tell you if it is safe or not.
http://www.mywot.com/

These things will definitely help you to be on the safer side.

JACUSTOMER-5hs7mnrl- :
Ok, but for now how do I stop Yahoo from doing this to me over and over and over?

sandy :
I understand how frustrated you are. But, my friend, a number of people have to face them.

Please understand that Yahoo is not doing it. A number of hackers are there all over the world to steal personal information.

Also, please create an email account with Gmail. Gmail is fast, better and secure. I personally use it.

Yahoo doe not provide any dedicated chat support for these issues. We are an independent tech support service provider and I hope you understand this.

Expert:  Sandy replied 3 years ago.
Rob,
Please follow step A and B to recover your Yahoo account.

Also, please scan your computer using free version of super anti-spyware and install Web of Trust for safe browsing. Thank you.

Keep me posted.