Sandy
Sandy, Computer Specialist
Experience:  I have 7+ years of experience in fixing emails issues.

How do I unlock my yahoo mail account that was locked by Yahoo

Customer Question

How do I unlock my yahoo mail account that was locked by Yahoo without my permission. Whenever I enter either my password XXXXX answers to my secret questions, I am constantly told that my answers are wrong? What gives? What is going on?
Category: Email
Expert:  Sandy replied 1 year ago.

sandy :

Hello Sir/Madam, Welcome to Just Answer.com. My name is XXXXX XXX I will assist you today. Press Ctrl+D so that can return to this page easily.

sandy :

Please let me know when you are ready to work with me.

sandy :

First of all, I want to inform you that we are Justanswer, an independent tech support service provider(I hope you already know about us). We do not have access to Yahoo servers. But, I will tell you the way(procedure) to recover your Yahoo account. However, the outcome will depend upon either the accuracy with which you answer to the Yahoo questionnaire or Yahoo Team if they reply back to you. I hope you understand this and will not blame me by leaving negative feedback(poor/bad).

Customer :

I have yet to hear anything that makes sense. Yahoo locks me out, and then charges me $38 but has yet to suppy anything. Is this a rip-off?

sandy :

I think your account is hacked by someone and he/she changed the password /XXXXXXXX question and answer.

sandy :

There are only 2 ways left to recover this account:

Customer :

Why do you think that?

Customer :

I travel, so checking ISP addresses is misleading. Why do you believe that?

sandy :

I believe this as hacker always change the password, security question and answer. Whenever real owner tries to change the password XXX exceed the limit of trying, account is locked.

sandy :

Let me tell you how to fix it:

sandy :

Step A:

sandy :

Or Procedure A:

sandy :

You can recover your yahoo account as under: Please go to:

https://io.help.yahoo.com/contact/index?locale=en_US&y=PROD_ACCT&page=contact

Then choose as under:

product Yahoo! Account,category Password XXX sign in,sub-category unable to sign in.

Please scroll down and Choose Email to a Support Agent.

Now, fill out as much information as possible in the Yahoo email account recovery form in order to prove that you are the owner of your Yahoo email account, then click on Submit/Send at the bottom to submit the account recovery form. Note: You will need another email address that you have access to, so that Yahoo can contact you. If you don't have a working email address, you can create a free new email account at www.gmail.com.or www.hotmail.com
Yahoo will contact you later, usually within about 24-48 hours, after verifying your submitted recovery form, in order to recover your yahoo email account.

Customer :

And where do I find the email recovery form? Why will I be without email service for two days?

Customer :

You have yet to explain why Yahoo believes my account has been hacked? This sounds like a financial rip-off to me.

sandy :

My friend, we are Justanswer, an independent tech support service provider. We are not associated with Yahoo. This is the way Yahoo works.

sandy :

Suppose a user forgot his/her password.

sandy :

Okay. let me explain.

sandy :

He/she can reset it by answering the security question and its answer.

sandy :

or if he/she has added an alternate email account with this account, he/she will have the option to send the password XXXXX email to alternate email account.

Customer :

R U still there?

sandy :

Yes, I am here. If you have already tried to reset your password XXXXX answering to security question and if you find that security question is changed, then it is something suspicious.

Customer :

So what do I do? You have not told me anything usable yet.

sandy :

Step A:

sandy :

Do you have any other working email account?

sandy :

like with gmail/yahoo or hotmail or other.

Customer :

WTF is Step A? You referenced a form that I don't have!

sandy :

Do you have any other working email account? like with gmail/yahoo or hotmail or other.

Customer :

yes, and I tried to get that information transferred there. So far, no luck. This is why I am questioning if Yahoo is ripping me off. Can you send that form, or whatever else that I need, to: XXXXX@XXXXXX.XXX. So far nothing usable has been delivered by anyone associated with Yahoo.

sandy :

Okay, I understand that you have an alternate email account. You need to do this:

sandy :

Please go to:

Then choose as under:

Now, fill out as much information as possible in the Yahoo email account recovery form in order to prove that you are the owner of your Yahoo email account, then click on Submit/Send at the bottom to submit the account recovery form. Note:

sandy :

Step B:

sandy :

You can call Yahoo on these numbers, but, you may be put on hold for some time.
1-866-562-7219 -- 1 XXX XXX XXXX

sandy :

These are the two ways to recover your yahoo account.

sandy :

Here is what you need to do to remain safe in future:

Customer :

I am in a hotel and cannot print out this stuff. Can you email me this information to my other account?

sandy :

Please add this page to favorites.

sandy :

or bookmark it.

sandy :

and you can find this page anytime.

sandy :

Please press Ctrl+D to bookmark or add to favorite to return back to this page anytime easily.

Or you click the links given here: http://www.justanswer.com/computer/expert-sandy/
or simply visit www.justanswer.com

sandy :

Customer :

Go on.

sandy :

A. Change your email account password XXXXXXXXX. B. If you get any suspicious email from Yahoo/gmail/hotmail/Microsoft, please never ever reveal your password. C. Please do not use your Yahoo account password XXX loggin into other websites.

sandy :

I suggest you to scan your computer using free version of super anti-spyware software. This will remove all of the malwares, spywares and viruses from the computer.

Note: If you already have installed Anti-virus programs like Norton, mcafee, CA, kaspersky on the computer, still I suggest you to download and install Super anti-spyware as the Anti-virus program does not remove Malwares/adwares/spywares effectively.

You can download the free version using the link given below:

http://www.superantispyware.com/

Also, I suggest you to install a free program named Web of Trust. It will check the websites you visit and tell you if it is safe or not.

http://www.mywot.com/

sandy :

These things will definitely help you to be on the safer side.

Customer :

Ok, but for now how do I stop Yahoo from doing this to me over and over and over -- all at a cost of $38 per incident. This does not sound very legal to me. Also, have you sent over to my other email address the information that you suggested earlier?

sandy :

I understand how frustrated you are. But, my friend, a number of people have to face them. Also, please understand that we are Justanswer, an independent tech support service provider and not associated with Yahoo. Please do not blame me for the yahoo account issue by leaving negative feedback(poor/bad).

sandy :

Please understand that Yahoo is not doing it.

sandy :

A number of hackers are there all over the world to steal personal information.

sandy :

Also, please create an email account with Gmail.

sandy :

Gmail is fast, better and secure.

sandy :

I personally use it.

sandy :

Yahoo doe not provide any dedicated chat support for these issues. We are an independent tech support service provider and I hope you understand this.

Customer :

You still have not answered my question? Have you forwarded the webaddress that I need to get this cleared up to my other Yahoo Mail account. I cannot print this out.

sandy :

My friend, I cannnot forward it other email account. I suggest you to please add this page to favorites, bookmark or please select the chat, choose Copy and paste it in either word or notepad.

sandy :

And you can print it from there.

sandy :

This page will remain online.

sandy :

You can anytime go to www.justanswer.com

sandy :

And then find this conversation there.

sandy :

I have tried my best.

sandy :

Please tell me if you have other queries about this.

sandy :

Please reply back.

sandy :

Please tell me if you have other queries about your Yahoo email account.

sandy :

I have provided you all of the steps.

sandy :

Please Rate my service(3-5 stars to compensate me) for my Time, Work and Efforts.

sandy :

Are you still there?

Expert:  Sandy replied 1 year ago.
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Expert:  Sandy replied 1 year ago.
Rob,
Please follow step A and B to recover your Yahoo account.

Also, please scan your computer using free version of super anti-spyware and install Web of Trust for safe browsing. Thank you.

Keep me posted.