Cory
Cory, Support Technician
Experience:  5+ years of email experience

My yahoo mail account was deactivated for no reason, how do

My yahoo mail account was deactivated for no reason, how do I get back in, who do I contact??? I log in every day so it is not dormant, and i have not violated any TOS.
Category: Email
Expert:  Cory replied 1 year ago.
Welcome, I am Cory. I will be assisting you today.

I am sorry you are having trouble accessing your Yahoo account.

What happened when you tried to login? What did it say?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

It says your account has been deactivated. Reactivate from your computer. When I do that, it tells me "Yahoo! Mail deactivated your mail account because:

• You have not logged into your mail account during the past four months; or

You have requested that Yahoo! Mail deactivate your account."

Neither is correct or true.

Expert:  Cory replied 1 year ago.
Susie,

You are not able to activate your account again from that acreen?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Here's what it says:

To reactivate your account, please choose one of the following options:

Reactivate and protect my Yahoo! Mail account in the future

I would like to subscribe to Yahoo! Mail Plus so that my account will not be deactivated again in the future if i don't use it for four months.

Reactivate my account without protection

I know that my account will be deactivated again in the future if I do not log in for a four-month period. I understand that I will risk losing valuable email messages and other important information.

What I'm afraid of is it says all my stuff has been lost - if I reactivate will it be gone really?? I have 10 years of emails in there!!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Like I said, I haven;t tried b/c I'm afraid it will truly delete everything - do you know if it will? I'm afraid "reactivating" will delete everything.

Expert:  Cory replied 1 year ago.
Susie,

When an account is deactivated, it is true that the messages and contacts can be deleted.

However, there is a recovery form you can complete for both of them to try to be recovered, if they have been deleted.

If you have any questions, please reply and I will assist you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

OK I reactivated, sure enough all my messages were gone. I filled out the recovery form - do you know how long that takes for them to answer?

Expert:  Cory replied 1 year ago.
Susie,

It will take them 24-48 hours depending on how many requests they have inline before yours.

Because your account may have been compromised, please follow the instructions below to change your password XXXXX security question.

Please follow the steps below to secure your Yahoo account:

FIRST,

Please click here to reset your password.

Please change your password XXXXX make it strong. 1 Uppercase letter, 1 Lowercase letter and 1 Number. Example: Mickey1

You maybe asked to login again

.

SECOND,

Please click here to change your security/secret question.

.

.

Please remember to rate my answer below.

I will not get credit for assisting you today unless you rate 'Ok Service' or higher and click Submit. (Some customers just need to click Accept)

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I did just change the password, and I will update the security question as well. I hope I get my stuff back, holy crap. Thank you for your assistance.

Expert:  Cory replied 1 year ago.
Susie,

You are very welcome!

Have a good evening!
Cory, Support Technician
Experience: 5+ years of email experience