John T. F., Mac Druid
Experience:  Setting up and servicing Email accounts since 1994!

how to log out of gmail on ipad 4

how to log out of gmail on ipad 4
Hello! My name isXXXXX will work diligently to provide accurate advice and information.

Are you accessing Gmail via the Safari web browser?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

When viewing your Inbox, you should see a "Sign Out" button in the lower left of the screen, do you see this?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Does your screen not look like this under Safari?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

So it looks the same but is missing the sign out button as shown? Can you tap on the email address listed at the bottom and then choose "Sign out of all accounts"?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The email at the bottom just opens one email and I don't get "Sign out of all accounts" which is what I am looking for!

No, at the very bottom of the screen there should be a bar that displays your email address.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No, there is no such bar! Can I just delete/ remove my gmail from the ipad?

Kamal, are you sure you are accessing this via Safari and not via another app?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Here is what I did:
I clicked first on the Mail icon, then I chose Gmail, then I entered my name, etc. and I accessed my gmail account. Now I am trying to log out and can't do that. This is where I need your help. Sory, I am not very computer savvy!

Ohhh, okay. There is no log/Sign Out for the Mail app. If you want to remove the account itself then try this.

On the home screen;

tap Settings
tap "Mail, Contacts, Calendar"
tap the gmail account listed under Accounts

Then, scroll down and choose Delete Account.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It worked. Is this going to be what I should do every time in future?

The Mail app on the iPad is always "signed in" when an account is configured there.

If you don't want to keep the account on the iPad and just want to sign in periodically, then you should use "Safari" rather than "Mail". Then when you are done you can sign out as I instructed earlier.

Hope that helps,
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Now, when I click on Safari I get your page. When I click Settings, then Mail, Contacts, Calendar, I get "Add Account". Is this the route to go?

Only if you want to add and remove it from Mail each time.

Otherwise, in Safari

click the two small overlapping squares in the toolbar to view the page list, then tab "New Page".

In the address bar, type and then tap go.

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. If you need further assistance on this or other issues, please let me know.