Mike Taylor
Mike Taylor, Lead Technician and Owner
Experience:  16 years experience in troubleshooting email problems.

How do I get rid of.... Http:// Does

How do I get rid of....

Does AOL know that this pop up is by passing AOL pop up blocker as wella s I.E. pop up blocker.

Regards...Roger Searle
Hi my name is XXXXX XXXXX will try to assist you with this issue.

It sounds like you may have a virus which has broken through your filters.

Please download the free edition of SuperAntiSpyware HERE

Once downloaded and installed please run a FULL system scan

This may take up to an hour but it should find this and remove it for you.

When the scan has completed, you will have to click on remove threats then restart your computer.

Upon the restart, look for change and let me know

Thanks Mike
Good Morning Roger, I have had time while you are not online to investigate this further, there are actually thousands of people having this same problem with aol and there is no solution to it. Aol are slow to respond to issues but they will usually announce an update that will take care of these types of problems. It appears to be a problem with the AOL filter which is allowing this through. Most people are reporting that the pop ups generated are appearing every 2 to 3 seconds and makes aol unusable. The bug is definately within the aol programming which only they can solve via an update whenever they decide to launch it. Knowing them it could be anytime. Most experience no problems within internet explorer via the mail only which you appear to be ok with also.

Sorry I didnt look into this before but I dont like to keep my customers waiting for that long.

Regards, Mike
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Mike

FYI...I have just used my AOL software accessing it via a 3G Vodafone data stick. No sign of the dreaded pop up.