Engineer-Thomas
Engineer-Thomas, Engineer
Experience:  Professional Engineer & technology consultant

Every time try to login to hotmail get:sorry,there seems to

Customer Question

Every time try to login to hotmail get:sorry,there seems to be a problem with outlook right now.emails been inaccessable for days.
Category: Email
Expert:  Engineer-Thomas replied 1 year ago.
Hi, it's great to meet you. I'm Engineer Thomas and I'm determined to assist you! If I personally have given you valuable information or helped you, please remember to rate my answer positively or otherwise please click 'reply' or 'continue conversation' anytime and I will very gladly assist you further!

Being unable to use your Hotmail-MSN-Live account properly can be so frustrating! Have you tried the recovery method steps below? Please be sure you have followed them exactly.

Method 1 (best option):
Please go to this page:
Click Here ( http://account.live.com/acsr )
Do not fill out any billing related fields.
Hotmail support will ask you for an alternative email address for them to contact you on. If you don't have an alternative e-mail address, you can create one via google at: http://mail.google.com

Method 2:
Please visit this page: Click Here ( http://account.live.com/password/reset )
Select "I think someone else is using my Windows Live ID" and then select "Reset password"
On the next screen, type in your email address and the image code.
- Click on 'Customer support'. Hotmail support will ask you for an alternative email address for them to contact you on. If you don't have an alternative e-mail address, you can create one via google at: Click Here ( http://mail.google.com )
- Please fill out as much information as possible on the following pages, as it will help Hotmail verify that you are the correct owner of the account.
In approximately 1-2 days, you will be contacted by Microsoft support staff to assist you with access to your account.

If all else fails, you may attempt to use these Microsoft, Windows Live and/or Hotmail phone numbers: 1-800-386-5550 or 1-866-672-4551. Please be aware that these are generally for Hotmail Plus (paid) members, however they may help you anyway.

If you would like any additional information or have more questions please don't hesitate to ask!
Please remember to rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you are not satisfied or confident that you have the necessary information, please instead stop and reply to me via the REPLY or CONTINUE CONVERSATION button with the issue you have. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek. Thank-you!
Engineer-Thomas, Engineer
Experience: Professional Engineer & technology consultant
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Followed the link to change password.Changed password,got page to sign in to microsoft account.Entered new password,the page is still sitting there with my password XXXXX the sign in button,yes I have clicked sign in ,the tab at the top of the page says live.com,with the little circlethat turns when doing something is just turning with nothing happening.Just seems to not recognise new password,and ignores it.Did the same when I first reset it first time,so got a new verification link from MS and reser to another PW but the same result,just hangs there.

Thanks for the update. Have you tried restarting your computer?
Also, do you have another computer to try with? This is an unusual issue.

Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have already tried another computer with the same"sorry,there seems to be a problem"message.Have just restarted my computer and still get the"sorry there seems to be a problem"message.I can get to the microsft account page which was open to my details.

If it would help I am willing to give you my email adress and password XXXXX you can see what results you get from your end.I have been away for over a week and not being able to get in means it is a week and half since I have any email access.

Hmm ok, thanks. I'll have a check to see if there is any information around regarding current service status.
I'll let you know if I find anything.

In the meantime ill also open this question up to other experts.
Thanks!
Expert:  Molinari replied 1 year ago.
If it was an outlook problem, changing the password XXXXX made it worse.....

Can you sign in here?

http://www.hotmail.com
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No get the same message Sorry, there seems to be a problem with Outlook right now. Copied& pasted from the sign in.If I Try outlook.com opens with same message.

Expert:  Molinari replied 1 year ago.
It should say nothing about outlook since it's the direct link to the hotmail page.
What version of outlook are you using?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I am not aware I was using any version of outlook.I was under the impression hotmail was changing to something called outlook last week or so.My last computer used outlook express,but when I got a new computer with WIN7 it was not available.Could I have outlook somewhere on my computer.I have got a couple of friends to log in to Hotmail and they say it has changed.

One thinks it may have something to do with making it more accessable to mobile devices.

Expert:  Molinari replied 1 year ago.
This is what it should look like bbefore you sign in:

graphic

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

If I logout it looks like that but when I enter my email address and password XXXXX get themessage"Sorry,there seems to be a problem with outlook right now".At no stage does it appear to look like opening hotmail.

Expert:  Molinari replied 1 year ago.
There may be a trial version of outlook, but it shouldn't open unless you open it.

Try here:

https://www.live.com/
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Clicked on your link,pasting the result.Sorry, there seems to be a problem with Outlook right now

Expert:  Molinari replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Same result Sorry, there seems to be a problem with Outlook right now.

Is there anyway microsoft can give me my emails,so I can forget all about hotmail?

Expert:  Molinari replied 1 year ago.
Ok, let's try a program to get them instead, their webmail sems messed up....

Download this and uncheck everything except windows live mail so only mail gets installed...:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-au/windows-live/essentials-home

Then once installed try this:

• Go to Mail under Shortcuts in Windows Live Mail.
  • Click Add e-mail account at the bottom.
  • Enter your full Windows Live Hotmail address under E-mail address:.
  • Type your Windows Live Hotmail password XXXXX Password:.
  • Now type your name under Display Name:.
  • Make sure Manually configure server settings for e-mail account. is not checked.
  • Click Next >.
  • Optionally, check Set this account as the default mail account.
  • Click Finish.

Let me know if you run into any trouble...

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Opened the link your gave me.Got box Select Programs to install.

Outlook connector pack which has a tick in front.:Microsoft Sky drive:MAIL:Writer:Messenger:Photo Gallery Moviemaker:Family Safety.Outlook connector Pack is the only one with the option to untick,though if I click on Mail it gets a box around it.Don't want to seem dumb but will I untick Outlook connector pack or leave it ticked?Also if I click on mail to box it in will it be the only one of the others installed?Prior to clicking install cannot see a shortcuts button or mention of live mail.aybe looking in the wrong place.If I'm getting close to sorting this mess out don't want to stuff it up now.

Expert:  Molinari replied 1 year ago.
Untick outlook connector.
Mail should be the only one ticked.
It sounds like you have the trial bvversion of office installed, it will time out in 30 to 90 days....
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Have done a search,have office 2003 installed.Have found a welcome message to configure outlook."Can configure outlookto connect to Microsoft Exchange Server,internet email,or other email server,would you like to configure an email account".

Next page "Server type.Microsoft Exchange Server:POP3:IMAP:HTTP:Additional Server Types.

Do you think configuring one of these options,if so which one would work.

Downloading from the other site didn't fix the problem,I still get the outlook error message and no access.

Expert:  Molinari replied 1 year ago.
Pop3, first right click on computer, then properties and see if it's 32 or 64 bit, (it's down by system type)

First try this:

• Select Tools | Account Settings... from the menu in Outlook.
  • Go to the E-mail tab.
  • Click New....
  • Make sure Microsoft Exchange, POP3, IMAP, or HTTP is selected.
  • Click Next >.
  • Type your name as you want it to appear in outgoing email under Your Name:.
  • Enter your Windows Live Hotmail address under E-mail Address:.
  • Make sure Manually configure server settings or additional server types is checked.
  • Click Next >.
  • Make sure Internet E-mail is selected.
  • Click Next >.
  • Make sure POP3 is selected under Account Type:.
  • Enter "pop3.live.com" (not including the quotation marks) under Incoming mail server:.
  • Type "smtp.live.com" under Outgoing mail server (SMTP):.
  • Enter your complete Windows Live Hotmail address ("example@hotmail.com", for example) under User Name:.
  • Type your Windows Live Hotmail password under Password:.
  • Click More Settings....
  • Go to the Outgoing Server tab.
  • Make sure My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication is checked.
  • Verify Use same settings as my incoming mail server is selected.
  • Go to the Advanced tab.
  • Make sure This server requires an encrypted connection (SSL) is checked under Incoming server (POP3):.
  • Make sure SSL is selected for Use the following type of encrypted connection: under Outgoing server (SMTP):
  • Check that "995" appears under Incoming server (POP3:) and "25" under Outgoing server (SMTP):.
  • Click OK.
  • Now click Next >.
  • Click Finish.
  • Click Close.

If that fails, you may need to install outlook connector after all as well, then follow these instructions:

To set up a free Windows Live Hotmail account in Outlook 2003 and 2007:

• Download and install Microsoft Outlook Hotmail Connector.
  • Select Outlook Connector | Add a New Account... from the menu in Outlook.
  • Type your Windows Live Hotmail address under E-mail address:.
  • Enter your Windows Live Hotmail password XXXXX Password:.
  • Type your name under Name:.
  • Click OK.
  • Click OK again.
  • Restart Outlook.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for the time and effort put in to try and solve my problem.

I ended up taking my computer to a local guywho worked out it was a microsoft problem,by trying to log in my hotmail on one of his own computers and got the same error message.

After a couple of tries he was able to log in to Live,with the old user interface.

Expert:  Molinari replied 1 year ago.
Did you try using the mail program at all, that way you can keep copies for if this haoppens again, for all you know it was them the whole time.....
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I may have confused you with the old interface.I meant Live which he installed after a couple of goes looked like my old hotmail.You were on the right track but I must have got it wrong.My wifes Live looks completley different after being away for a few days.She hates it,I have set her up with gmail.

Expert:  Molinari replied 1 year ago.

Which interface did you have?