IT Miro, Computer Scientist
Experience:  Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Microsoft Certified Professional
30721786
Email

I had someone hack into my Match.com account and change personal

information. I received a confirmation... Show More
information. I received a confirmation email from Match.com, via my Yahoo mail. Match says they cannot track the origin. I is highly likely it was originated on a Gmail account. Can this origin email be tracked to who was in my personal account. Thx. Bill
Category: Email
replied 4 years ago.

Hello! My name is Miro.

I understand the problem, but you will need to know that some on-line services allow you to see account activity details, while others not. For example, both GMail and Yahoo! Mail track login activity and can display you an IP address and access type (browser, e-mail client or mobile phone) for every login. You can see account activity for your Yahoo! account by clicking THIS LINK.

It seems Match.com doesn't have that option, so you cannot see your account activity by yourself. However, Match.com administrators can since they collect all kind of information described in Match.com Privacy Policy accessible HERE.

Read 2. What sort of information do we gather? section, especially this part:

Furthermore, certain non-personal information are also gathered, such as the version of the Member's and any other visitor's web browser (Netscape, Internet Explorer, etc.), the operating system (Windows 98, Mac Os, etc.) and the IP address of the computer from which they are visiting.

As you can see, they collect the IP address of the computer visiting Match.com so they must know who accessed your account and changed personal information. By "who" I am referring to the IP address of the computer used to access your account.

E-mail you received from Match.com is just an automated e-mail which is sent whenever certain changes are being made to Match.com account, so if you track that e-mail you will only see Match.com server information (IP address) and nothing that may reveal the identify of a person who hacked your account.

So, if you really want to know who accessed your account, I suggest contacting Match.com again and requesting that information from them. Tell them you know they collect the IP address of the computer visiting Match.com based on their Privacy Policy and you want to know that information since it wasn't you who changed personal information in your Match.com account.

I hope this helps!

Regards,

Customer reply replied 4 years ago.

did not answer my question.I need to know who hacked my Match account. I can provide more info if required.

IT Miro, Computer Scientist replied 4 years ago.
I just described the whole procedure and what your options are. I am sorry if you don't find it helpful. I don't know what else to include in my answer.

What other information can you provide?

Just want to add that no one can provide you the information on who hacked your account except Match.com administrators. Since I am not a Match.com administrator, I described the whole procedure so you will only need to contact Match.com and ask them to provide you more information on who accessed your account since they collect that information.

Please don't rate my answer as "bad" or "poor service" since I took some time to research the problem and read Match.com Privacy Policy.

I am only trying to help!

Best regards,