Nick H.
Nick H., Email Specialist
Experience:  Outlook 2003, 2007, and 2010, Lotus Notes 6.5, 8.5, Windows Live Mail

My iPhone is not receiving emails

my iphone is not receiving emails

First, please go to Settings->Mail Contacts Calendars. Select your email and select Remove account.

When done, select Add account and setup your email account. Test to see if you can receive emails on your iPhone now.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

tried that. still getting 'connection to the server failed' I have another iphone with me that has the same settings but is getting email

Please reset your iPhone settings and try to setup your account again.

On your iphone, go to Settings->General->Reset->Reset all settings (1st option). Your iphone will be restarted and you will be prompted to configure Language, Wifi, Location Service and iCloud. Then test your issue with email again.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I turned off wifi and that did the trick for me.

Which means the wifi connection was not accepting your email's settings.

If you use Wifi, can you surf internet or use Youtube or Facebook app?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Yes, but we will do this when out of the office because apparently when in the office and using our own wi fi there is a disconnect in the email reception.

It could be that your office server block the email's port. That is why it is not working with your wifi.

Is your email Gmail Yahoo AOL Hotmail or other?