Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

Mozilla thunderbird 14.0 has lost its SEND button? I write

Mozilla thunderbird 14.0 has lost it's SEND button? I write an email and then go to send it and there is no send? Whatsup with that?

Mary [email protected]
Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am glad to assist you today.

Are you using Windows XP, Vista or 7?
Did you upgrade to this latest version recently?

Please let me know so that I can help you further.

Best regards,
Jess
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

windows 7 no recent upgrades

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Relist: Answer quality.
didn't get an answer
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Jess - where is your reply?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

using windows 7 and no upgrades recently, as I responded

but you have not replied

do you need more ......is anybody out there?

Hi, I am still here....

In your Thunderbird, do you see the Menu bar like File | Edit.... etc? Or can you post a screen shot of the problem?

Jess
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

the menu bar is there (just above "write" etc.) but in the selections there is no send option, scrolling down from any of the categories, no send and the send button was there yesterday......now send options seem to have all disappeared.

don't know how to do a screen shot

Thank you for writing back. Please give me one moment while I type the procedures and prepare my screen shots to help you follow the procedures more easily.

Regards,
Jess
Here are the steps to locate the SEND button in your Thunderbird:
  1. Open Thunderbird program
  2. Create or write an NEW message
  3. In the WRITE window, please locate if there is a menu bar there like the File, Edit, View.... menus
  4. Here is my screen shot:

5. If you do not see such menu, press the ALT key in your computer to show the menu bar.
  6. In the menus, click on View menu
  7. Point to Toolbars
  8. Then click to CHECK the 4 options specially the COMPOSITION toolbar
  9. Here is my screen shot:

10. When these 4 items are checked, you shall see the SEND button below the File menu every time you WRITE a new email.

Please be sure to rate my answer with 3 or more stars/smileys if this helped. Keep me posted with your results so that I can help you further. If you have further question, please reply to me so that I can help you further.

Best regards,
Jess

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Jess. yes, thanks....that worked and now, when I press"write", the send button is there.

5 stars to you!

regards, Mary

Hi Mary,

Thank you for writing back. I am glad that your problem is now resolved. When the items on the Thunderbird screen are missing, you can always get back to that View menu and check them to show them up.

Please do not forget to rate my answer with 3 or more stars/smileys if this helped so that I can get credit for my work. Keep me posted with your results so that I can help you further. If you have further question, please reply to me so that I can help you further.

Best regards,
Jess