BeBoo
BeBoo, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  10+ Years Mac Support as contractor and currently an System Administrator for law firm
12024030

I there a way to track a lost Kindle Fire?

BeBoo :

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! My name is XXXXX XXXXX I would be glad to assist you with your issue today. Please note that I am in eastern time (UTC -5:00) and am generally online between the hours of 10 AM and 4 PM and some evenings between 7 PM and 11 PM.

Please also be patient with me as I may not respond immediately, especially outside my normal working hours. I do receive notification of all responses so I will respond when I am available next.

At the conclusion of today's session, I ask that you please rate based on the service you receive, not based on the circumstances. I do not receive compensation unless you rate at least 3/5. If you are considering rating 1 or 2, please let me know so that I can improve your satisfaction or allow me to opt out so another expert can better assist you.

Now, let's get to your question.

BeBoo :

There is no built-in tracking or tracing built into the Kindle Fire. There are apps that you can get for it that will help this but that would need to be setup first. The best thing to do is to look around.

BeBoo :

Since it is lost, there are a few things you should do, until you find it, in case someone stole it. First, you should de-register the Kindle from your Amazon account. This will prevent anyone from buying anything on it with your Amazon account. To do this, please visit the following page: http://www.amazon.com/manageyourkindle

BeBoo :

On this page, you'll want to deregister the Kindle and cancel any subscriptions you may have.

BeBoo :

The other thing you can do is file a police report. You can contact your local police department to do this.

BeBoo :

I know this does not help you find your Kindle but it will protect you until you do.

Customer:

Thank you. Shortly after I contacted you through Just Answer, I received a phone call saying it had been found.

BeBoo :

Ah, that is good news. :)

Customer:

Yes you are right about that. I think it would be great if they could install some kind of chip in these electronic devices to track them. I think my iPhone has such a thing. I'll check into the apps available for the Kindle and see if I can't get something set up. I don't want to go through this again. It's too upsetting.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I'm doing fine. I found my Kindle and purchased a program doe locating it and my cell phone. Thank you.