Cris
Cris, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Specialize in email support.

My Hotmail account has been hacked and they have changed my

Customer Question

My Hotmail account has been hacked and they have changed my personal information and password XXXXX I cannot login and the security questions have been changed so I cant get into the account and Microsoft is unable to verify me. Can someone help me get back into my account?
Category: Email
Expert:  Cris replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. I look forward to assisting you today with your question and providing the best answer possible.

I would like to clarify that we are not Microsoft, Hotmail, MSN, or Live.

If you did not change your password, you cannot log in, and when you try to change your password, the security questions are unfamiliar and/or incorrect; your account may have been compromised by a hacker.

Compromised accounts are at an all time high due to viruses and low complexity password XXXXX can be easily guessed by the hacker.

If the reset options do not work then you will have to fill out the Windows Live Account Recovery Form. This is the only alternative solution offered by Microsoft for a free account. Since there is no billing info on the account they unable to validate your identity over the phone and do not offer Live Support. The form will require you to give them a contact email. This will be a secondary email you have access to, Microsoft will then send you a reply about your account to the contact email. If you don’t here is a link to open a free Gmail account.

http://mail.google.com

For the recovery form, click here>>>http://bit.ly/gSxotJ

Make sure to fill out as much information on the form as you can. The billing section is left blank since it’s a free account.

It will take a few days to process your form. However you will receive a response and if you provide enough detailed information you should recover the account. Once you have submitted the form you will be provided a PIN and website. The PIN is for a temporary account on the Microsoft private forum site. It allows you to discuss the account in question with their support team. You can ask questions about the account and check the status of the questions and form. It’s a support ticket through their Windows Live Solution Center.

Once they have reviewed the form they then send you instructions on how to regain access to the account to the alternate email you provided on the form.

It may take a few days to process your request, but you will get a response and if you provide enough detail, you should be able to recover your account.

Basically, just follow the steps and fill out as much information as you can and they should be in touch with you. They will give you a pin number and then a link to a private account/forum. Write down the pin number when it is given to you and keep this in a safe place. You'll need the pin to enter the temporary account that will be created for you. The temporary account means they will setup a private forum where you can discuss the compromised hotmail account with their support agent. Your answers to reset or recover the hacked hotmail password XX account will be stored in the private forum. You can return to the forum to check the status of their investigation. It's basically just a support ticket through a temporary Windows Live Solution account.

Once they review all the information they will send you instructions on how to regain access to your account to the alternate email address you provided.

This is the ONLY thing you can do. They should answer in 1 or 2 days, but many users have reported that it may take at least a week to get a reply. I understand the frustration but please do it as soon as possible. It's a lot of waiting time, but it is the best they can do considering the tens of thousands of people this happens to, and unfortunately Microsoft does not have phone customer support for Hotmail issues, and sorry to say, it's the ONLY way to get it back.

If the system is not allowing you to sign in with your hotmail id, just contact Hotmail customer care and tell them you want to upgrade your current free account to hotmail plus. Not saying this will work 100% but you can give it a try and they see a customer wants to upgrade account depending on the rep they can become very helpful.

Customer care number: 1- 866 - 672 - 4551

I understand that this answer may not be entirely to your liking, and I regret being the bearer of information that you really don’t want to hear. But it would be unfair to you and unprofessional of me were I to provide you with anything less than truthful and honest information. I hope you understand that following the above steps is the only way to get your account back...

Remember, if for any reason you’re unsatisfied, we can continue our conversation until you’ve received the information you’re looking for. If I haven’t answered your question, please let me know and I’ll be happy to answer any other follow-up questions you might have.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi thanks for taking the time to respond, but unfortunatly those are the steps that I have already tried.
Expert:  Cris replied 1 year ago.
When using a free Hotmail account or any email service these are the only viable solution.

As I explained there is no live support for free accounts. Since there is no billing info you cannot call for support. They can't validate your identity. The only solution they give you is the recovery form.

I will be honest a free hotmail account is a very low priority for Microsoft. They have reps that review the forms but since there are so many on a daily basis you can expect up to a week sometimes longer before you get a response. And even that is not guaranteed 100% to grant you access again. It's how much info you put on the form and how much the rep believes you, however there are ways for them to see a account hacked.

How long ago did you fill out the form?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
All the fields were filled in and all the information was accurate. I filled in the form twice today and it was rejected on both occasions which is where thd frustration is coming from
Expert:  Cris replied 1 year ago.
I truly understand your frustration as a expert on this site I deal with tons of customers on a daily basis with hacked accounts.

One thing I take pride in is telling the customer the truth and not promising something I can't deliver. It's difficult to deal with but truth is when using a free account that is the priced payed. No Live support so when your account is hacked it's very difficult to regain access, there is no guarantee you ever will. If you have been denied twice to today. I really hate to be the bearer of bad news but it's highly unlikely you will regain access to the account.

I recommend trying to call customer support I won't say for sure that you will get support but you can try. Persistent is the only solution I say sometimes works. Going forward I recommend using Hotmail Plus it's $20 for the year but you won't have this issue.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your message,

I found a workaround and the account has now been re-activated for me. The workaround involved contacting a friends friend who works for microsoft and they sorted it out for me.
Expert:  Cris replied 1 year ago.
I am very glad you resolved your issue!

Not many people have a contact at Microsoft to help them with there issue.

Expert:  Cris replied 1 year ago.
Hi Uklock,

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help?

Let me know,
Cris
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Chris

Thank you for responding so quickly, Unfortunatley the steps that you outlined were the same ones that I highlighted that I had tried in my original post.

I do want to thank you for your time and i greatly appreciated your involvement in the process but as it was not different to my previous actions I am unable to accept it as answer. In the end the solution came about as a result of external factors.
Expert:  Cris replied 1 year ago.
ok