Viet - Email Tech
Viet - Email Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of computer software and hardware support; Windows 8 7 Vista XP etc.
30037186

How to recover deleted folders in my gmail account.

Customer Question

Category: Email
Expert:  Viet - Email Tech replied 2 years ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. I look forward to assisting you today with your question and providing the best answer possible.

So you have deleted your email messages/folders. Make sure to check the Trash folder to see if they are there. You can submit the Gmail email recovery form at
https://support.google.com/mail/bin/request.py?&ctx=mail_lockdown&contact_type=bugs

Please let me know if you have any further question. Thank you.

Remember, if for any reason you are unsatisfied with my answer, we can continue the conversation until you’re satisfied and Accept my answer. I can address follow up questions at no extra charge and I’m always here to help. Thank you for using JustAnswer!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

They were not in the Trash folder and I checked the All Mail folder and they weren't there either. But they are in the All Mail folder now, so I don't know what happened.

Here is some information for you from a google forum, since you didn't have the correct information.

"Gmail doesn't have folders. All your messages are saved in All Mail. Everything else (Inbox, Sent Mail, Starred, labels, etc) are just "views" into a sub-set of the messages in All Mail. And since there's only one copy of any message, if you delete it from any label, you're deleting the only copy, so it's gone from all of them. If you delete a label you remove that "view", but the messages are still in All Mail.
So you can't undo deleting labels, but the messages would not be deleted and should be safely saved in All Mail. You can go to Settings->Labels to re-create your label. But there's no easy way to get your messages labeled again. You'll need to use searches or manually go through the messages and re-apply the labels."

Sorry, I understand about the labels/folders; basically only gmail has labels. But that's not the issue. So it was a bug as you've checked the All Mail folder already, but the messages are not there, then now it shows. Sorry, I thought you've meant you've deleted your email messages. If you have any further question, please let me know. Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I am NOT satisfied with the answer. As I stated in my question I wanted to know how to "recover deleted FOLDERS" in my gmail account. I deleted the folders, not the emails. There was no bug.

Again, I am NOT satisfied. You did NOT answer my question correctly. If you didn't understand the question, you should have let me know.

It's been one week. Sorry, you cannot recover the labels/folders. Can you re-create the each label and re-apply it? Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I already recovered everything. I received the CORRECT information from another source.
Sorry, I thought you had to re-create/re-apply the labels as they were already deleted? I"m glad you got it working. I will cancel this, unless you have any other computer question/issue. Thank you.