Engineer John C., Engineer
Experience:  Computer Science Engineer

My hotmail account has been blocked. I need a code to get

My hotmail account has been blocked. I need a code to get back in to it. I can't get this code since it has been sent to an alternative email account that is no longer accessible.

steps: I try to enter my account and password; I then get a screen saying my account has been blocked. I click on "continue" and get one drop down with the old email address an a box to enter the code. Since I can't get "a code" I cannot advance past this step.

Category: Email
Expert:  Engineer John C. replied 4 years ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. I look forward to assisting you today with your question and providing the best answer possible.

I am Engineer John C., I will be your expert today.

Unfortunately Hotmail/Microsoft does not have customer support by phone for these issues. HOWEVER there is a Windows Live/Hotmail Validation Page that they have set up to attempt to validate ownership of an account in cases where the Password XXXXX Basic steps do not work.

The Windows Live ID Validation Page was created to ask key questions about your account (only you would be able to provide to Microsoft) when you created or updated your account. The more information you provide to Microsoft, the better for their Support Agents to validate your identity.

The direct link to the Validation Page is: <=== CLICK HERE.

Enter your "problematic" full hotmail address next to "Windows Live ID". Then enter another email address you have access to, next to "Contact email"

(If you don't have XBOX Live or Zune, just leave the Billing information empty)

This is the best you can do. They should answer in 2 or 3 days. I understand the frustration but please do that as soon as you possible. I think it is a lot of waiting time, but it is the best we can do, because unfortunately Microsoft does not have phone customer support for Hotmail issues.

You will receive an email on your "Contact email address" with a PIN and a LINK. Wait 4 or 5 days, then enter to that link and enter the PIN, in order to see the updates of your case.

That's the ONLY way to recover your email account. Do NOT enter your email and password XXXXX any other site, as you can worse the problem. There are plenty of fake hotmail pages and emails messages out there.

Please note I do NOT work for HOTMAIL so please do NOT leave me a negative feedback if you are not satisfied with them. Thank you

John C.

Remember, if for any reason you are unsatisfied with my answer, we can continue the conversation until you’re satisfied and Accept my answer. I can address follow up questions at no extra charge and I’m always here to help. Thank you for using JustAnswer!