Chris L., Support Specialist
Experience:  Certified Email Expert with over 10 years experience.

How do I return to my original gmail account. I attempted

How do I return to my original gmail account. I attempted to add another gmail account and now can not access my original email. I will be happy to delete new account if old account can be restored.
Category: Email
Expert:  Chris L. replied 4 years ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. I look forward to assisting you today with your question and providing the best answer possible.

It sounds to me like you may just be stuck logged into your new account.

Please do the following:

Go to On the top right you should see the name of the account you are currently signed into.

Click on the name and a box will open, in that box click Sign Out.

At this point you will be returned to a log in screen. On this screen enter your old gmail account address and password XXXXX you should be returned to that account.

If you need further help please do not hesitate to reply back and let me know.

Thank You

Remember, if for any reason you are unsatisfied with my answer, we can continue the conversation until you’re satisfied and Accept my answer. I can address follow up questions at no extra charge and I’m always here to help. Thank you for using JustAnswer!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
thank you for your instruction. it was accurate and helpful. I was most helpful. By following your instructions, can I use both gmail accounts or should I delete the new account