maomd
maomd, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Fifteen years plus providing efficient computer solutions, no matter how small or large.
31474244

I just sent a SOS (fromXXX@XXXXXX.XXX, my address).

I just sent a SOS (fromXXX@XXXXXX.XXX, my address). The thing is that my messages gooing to the person I was staying with I won't get your answer please call(NNN) NNN-NNNNor(NNN) NNN-NNNN Please elise

probem being that having consulted my e-mail from this persons computer (she also has gmail), and coming home, I found all my recent emails disappeared from my own account. And today she is being in undated with my emails, which I dont receive (her e-mail address isXXX@XXXXXX.XXX) please help she is panicky, and so am I elise
Category: Email
Expert:  maomd replied 2 years ago.

maomd :

Hello.

maomd :

To clarify, your friend is receiving e-mails but you are not?

Customer:

not as continuous as that. I received them this morning, then they disappeared and went to her. I seem to receive the latest ones.

maomd :

Who sent them to begin with?

Customer:

I have an idea. When I tried to switch from her gmail account to mine, what if it was as if she had opened a new gmaill account to the address of mine?

maomd :

That could be possible, but understand I'm coming in blind here and don't know who has what to begin with.

maomd :

If you can go into a little more details of exactly what happened, I believe we can get this straightened out together :)

Customer:

I was staying with her and consulted my email from her computer (a Mac) I realize I must explain, I thought you had read my first messages.

maomd :

I did, but didn't quite get the whole picture from it.

Customer:

Explaining: I was staying with her. I wanted to consult my email account on her computer. It opened her gmail account. I did what I thought was right to go to my own.

maomd :

You signed out of hers and logged in with yours?

Customer:

But coming home to my own computer I found that my emails since february 15th had disappeared, but received the new ones, including one fron her (Kate) complaining that she was flooded with my emails. Today it seemed to work normally again and then this afternoon she complained again that she had received another flooding of emails destined to me, older ones and newer ones. They simultaneously disappeared from my email account

maomd :

It sounds like she's still logged in under your account.

maomd :

You will need to tell her how to log out so she can log in under her own name.

Customer:

Please tell me how to explain to her, she is a very old lady and furious with me, or could you contact her

maomd :

I can't contact her, but I can tell you how to do it.

Customer:

Yes, that would be great

maomd :

Okay:

maomd :

Have her open http://gmail.com

maomd :

In the upper right corner is her e-mail address.

maomd :

If she clicks on it, there is a Sign out button.

maomd :

Have her click that.

maomd :

She then shouldn't receive e-mails for you anymore.

Customer:

I thank you very much are you sure it is not my address that will appear if she is still on my gmail account?

maomd :

You are absolutely correct :)

maomd :

It will be your address that she needs to click \to Sign out

Customer:

So if my address appears and she clicks on sign out, she will get back to her own account or at worst will have to sign in again?

maomd :

She will have to sign in again, and at best it will remember her name and password.

Customer:

good.I'll try and do that, I'm pretty sure this is the solution. Any way I can recontact you if it fails?

maomd :

After you Accept here, you can return at anytime to ask follow-up questions at no additional cost.

maomd :

You should have an e-mail with a link to this page.

maomd :

Alternatively, you can log into justanswer.com and click My Questions in the upper right corner.

maomd, Computer Support Specialist
Experience: Fifteen years plus providing efficient computer solutions, no matter how small or large.