Toby, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  17 years of IT support

Trying to sync outlook calendar to iphone 4s without itunes.

Trying to sync outlook calendar to iphone 4s without itunes. Tried a few things with no luck
Hello, welcome to JustAnswer!

So you have downloaded and installed the iCloud Control Panel for Windows (click here)? From the Windows Start menu, choose Control Panel > Network and Internet > iCloud > make sure there is a checkmark next to Calendar and Tasks with Outlook.

Also, on your iPhone go to Settings > iCloud > checkmark next to Calendar. Then open the Calendar > Calendars button > and make sure you have the iCloud calendars selected.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
on my iphone, settings>icloud>does not lead to checking a calendar. Do you mean going to the calendar and selecting the icloud calendar?
Settings > iCloud should bring you to this:

Make sure that Calendar is turned on. In Calendar, you select Groups and you should get a screen like this:

Make sure that iCloud is selected.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Got that. How long should it take to push in new info.? I changed some calendar appointment to check if it is syncing, but it has not changed yet.
It should be pretty quick. Go to and see if you see the entries.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
The calendar did transfer to icloud at some point - not sure when as I did get it to do that before I contacted you- but new changes either made on my phone or in outlook are not there?
Try restarting your phone and the computer and then check to see if they update. Maybe something on either end is messing up the sync between the devices.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
If I restart my computer, how do I get back in contact with you?
You can bookmark this page:

Or you can click on the link in your email.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thank you. I'll try it.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
No luck. It does look like it is syncing with gmail?
For Gmail, are you their Outlook connector for the Calendar? If so, I dont think that will work. For instance, I have Gmail setup on my iPad using Microsoft Exchange and iCloud will not sync those items. I'm wondering if that is the reason why it's not syncing everything. So if you post to your Calendar on your phone and it's set to write directly to Google calendar, iCloud wouldn't know about it.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I took off exchange. I have gmail for email, but I'm not using that calendar. I'm using outlook.
One last thing. If this doesn't work, I'm going to opt-out and see if another Expert has any ideas. Open both iCloud on the computer and your phone and make sure you are signed in and are both the same account.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Ok. I did this. When I signed in on the computer, the calendar box was not checked. When I tried to appy it, it said it couldn't due to a system error.???

The accounts seem to be the same on both the phone and the computer
Have you tried uninstalling/reinstalling iCloud on your computer? Maybe something is not setup properly. I know during the installation it wants Outlook to be completely closed out, not hidden.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I think it took the choices for calendar and contacts now. My outlook calendar has an icloud overlay. It seems to be working!!!
I was running out of options...couldn't understand why it wasn't working. I'm glad that is now.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thanks! I might have done something wrong when making those choices. Sorry.

I apprecaite the help and think I am up and running now!!! Thank you
You are welcome. Have a good night!