Bryan, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  8+ years of professional support for tech-related issues, including computers, email and software.
12615041

how do I set up an association with my windows live email and

Customer Question

how do I set up an association with my windows live email and my pictures
Category: Email
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.

Could you elaborate further on your issue, please? Are you looking to send pictures directly through Windows Live Mail?

Regards
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I just recently had my windows vista changed to windows 7 since the change I have not been able to send any of my pictures through any email account, I get a message saying no email set up or need to assoicate with email and go to default I don't know how to do this. My provider is Centurylink and the actual email is XXXXX@XXXXXX.XXX but I use XXXXX@XXXXXX.XXX the most. I was able to send pictures through XXXXX@XXXXXX.XXX before changing to windows 7 but get same message with this account
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
Okay; do you currently have Windows Live Mail installed on your computer?

Regards
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
yes I already have windows live installed
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
Okay. First off, please go to Start > Default Programs > Set your default programs, then select 'Windows Live Mail' from the left, and select the 'Set this program as default' option on the right. Click Ok.

Are you able to send pictures directly using Windows Live Mail now?

Regards
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
There is no windows live on the left
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
In that case, Windows Live Mail is not installed. Now, please click on the following link:
http://explore.live.com/windows-live-essentials-other-programs?T1=t2

Click on the blue 'Download Now' button, then download and install Windows Live Essentials accordingly. You may select only the option to install Windows Live Mail during installation.

Done installing Windows Live Mail, check if you are able to send pictures directly using the program.

Keep me posted.

Regards
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Unable to send or receive messages for the Live (webbow) account.

Subject ''
Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x8DE20007

I did as you said and downloaded windows live essentials and this is the message I received when I tried to send a picture.

Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
Okay; what's the email address you are looking to send out the pictures from? Please include spaces while typing in the address so that it doesn't get blocked out here.

Regards
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
Nope, it was blocked out. You have to include spaces before and after the '@' in the email address, and type it up again.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
webbow @ live.com
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
Okay. Now, in Windows Live Mail, click on the Accounts tab at the top, then click on 'Email'. Add your Live account one more time - making sure to fill in the correct email address and password. Once the account has been added, close the program and try sending a picture again.

Keep me posted.

Regards
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
there is nothing saying accounts
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
sorry found it did it and still doesn't work recieved this message

Subject 'Emailing: DSCN0508'
Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x8DE20007

Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
Okay. Now, please go to Start > Control Panel > Programs > Uninstall a Program, then select 'Windows Live Essentials' and click on 'Remove' at the top. Follow the directions to remove the program accordingly, then download and reinstall Windows Live Mail one more time - and set up your Live account accordingly.

Let me know if this resolves your issue with sending pictures.

Regards

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thank you it works now~~~
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
Awesome; thanks!

Regards