Viet - Email Tech
Viet - Email Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of computer software and hardware support; Windows 8 7 Vista XP etc.
30037186

Login to my Hotmail

Customer Question

My Hotmail account will not let me sign in keeps telling me wrong password. I have tried to reset it, no luck there, tried getting a code no luck there. The help pages do not help me. I paid to have my account recovered still no luck. My account is a free account. I need to get in my e-mail account. Can you help me? My e-mail address***@******.***.

What e-mail address did you send the new password ***** If you could e-mail it to *****@******.***

Category: Email
Expert:  Viet - Email Tech replied 3 years ago.

You've tried to reset your Hotmail account password ***** http://account.live.com/ResetPassword.aspx, but it did not work. There is another way to recover your Hotmail account.

Please submit the windows live/hotmail recovery form at
https://security.live.com/acsr.aspx

1.) Enter your hotmail address and another email address that you currently have access to, and then click on Continue. If you don't have another working email address, you can create one at www.gmail.com.

2.) Fill out as much information as possible, and click on Continue.

3. Then you will be given a PIN and a link to the windows live/Hotmail forum. Please note that down and bookmark/add to favorite that link to the forum.

4.) Then you will receive an email from Microsoft/Hotmail that allows resetting your Hotmail email password ***** security question/answer.

It might take more than a day to process the request, but you should be able to recover your Hotmail account with enough provided information.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have already tried filling out the security form on MSN help recovery. I filled out as much information that was requested. I have never gotten an answer from them. What do I do now that nothing is working? I cannot call MSN because I cannot find a phone number for them.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I am having the same problems as in my 1st e-mail. I do not have a password ***** use to enter my Hotmail account; I have tried my old password ***** no luck.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

My Hotmail account *****@******.*** will not except my password. Every time I type in my password ***** get this response invalid password ***** screen name is ***** ***** match their records. I tried to reset my password ***** it would not let me said my mother’s birthplace was incorrect. And I could not reset my password. I tried to get a code filled out the information it ask for. But no code was e-mailed to me unless it was sent to my hotmail account which I cannot get in due to invalid password. I give an address to send it to *****@******.***. I have filled out the security form to recover my account, still have heard anything from MSN. I have paid someone else to get my account back. They told me that my account had been hacked. And that they were able to retrieve the virus, and reset a temp password ***** I have not heard back from them 9 techsupportglobal, Inc. I tried what you e-mailed me and I still cannot get into my account.

You can try these Microsoft/windows live/Hotmail numbers:
1-***-***-****
1-***-***-****
It's usually for paid Hotmail plus members, but you can try (and upgrade your account if needed).
Usually, you just need to submit the recovery form.

It looks like it's only been one day, and it was on weekend, since you've submitted the recovery form. Please wait a couple of days or so for Microsoft/Hotmail to verify.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have tried everything you suggested, some of which I had tried before contacting you.

Usually, they don't want to help with free accounts, but can you ask them if you can upgrade your account in order to recover it?

Experience: Ten years of computer software and hardware support; Windows 8 7 Vista XP etc.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The tech gave me answers that most everything I had already tried myself. I called msn and was told I would have to start a new account

Those are the only ways to recover your account. Did you try to ask MSN to upgrade your account?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

They just said they could not help me and hung up, because it was a free account. But to feel like you had just been blown off as if you do not exist I’m not interested anymore. I have called everybody I need to and gave them a new e-mail account, that I get tech support with.

It is Microsoft/Hotmail's decision.